Knob sensitivity option for Maschine

CptBuzz
CptBuzz Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

Hi,

I resently swapped out my MK2 for a MK3 and i noticed that one of my key workflows (namely using the knob for fixed velocity control in step mode to quickly program hits with varying velocity) was a bit slower and slightly more anoying to deal with. This is due to the sens of this operation being optimized for fine tuning velocity and I discovered that using the shift button didn't give me the higher sens behaviour of my MK2 either.

sulotions to my issue could be:

• reinstate the old style (or similair) sens for this opreration with the new lower sens being available thru the shift button
  • enable the old style (or similair) sens thru the use of the shift button
  • a more advanced option (that i'd personally love) could be letting users modify the sens of specific operations by adding them to a list and setting a sens slider in options

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert

Do you experience this behavior for all parameters or only for adjusting velocity in Step mode?

• CptBuzz
    edited February 2022

It has so far been the only parameter where I've noticed this type of behaviour but it's intirely possible that it exists for some other parameters that I just haven't noticed or used.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited February 2022

This won't fix the issue technically but could be a workaround:

Have you tried enabling VOLUME/Velocity button, holding a Pad, and turning the 4D big Knob? This will also control the step velocity, It turns even faster than the 3rd knob in STEP Mode but since it has detents instead of rotating smoothly you have a lot more control of the values since you physically feel on your fingers each 1 value change, so it's easier to control a make smaller changes, like shift used to do.

Worth a try.

• CptBuzz
    edited February 2022

Thanks for the tip, it does improve the situation somewhat but doesn't get me the agility in droping triggers with vastly different velocities quickly like I used to.

I'm honestly thinking that this lack of two different sensitivities for velocity thru the use of shift might be a bug, since I used to have that on the MK2 and i still have that for every other parameter I've used on the MK3 thus far. should probably look up how to report bugs

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited February 2022

Often new controllers lose a couple of older functions, as you get to know the MK3 you will probably find a couple more similar things, hard to imagine it's a bug but could be, or just an oversight or even by design.

I have a feeling that in that menu the current philosophy is for SHIFT + Knob to always temporarily disable Grid Sync instead of allowing for slower value changes, but this is really just a guess.

You can report bugs by contacting support, you probably always get an answer that way (?) or a thread here tagged as a bug which may or may not get an official answer.