Binaural Beats

KierONeil
KierONeil Member Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2022 in Tech Talks

I want to create Binaural Beats and have most NI products. Is there a way with their instruments to generate a sine wave at a particular frequency, say 440, and another at 470?

I suppose I could use a standard keyboard note like A=440 but then would need the same note slightly detuned by a specific # of hertz.

I'm pretty new to production and this is one of my first projects. I use Reaper as a DAW if it makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    edited November 2022

Hello,

i would use a sampler. first use massive or any synth that can output simple sine waves, so output 24 sine waves,two octaves.Then you put them into a samper and now you can play one note, and a second note, additionally shift the second note. Kontakt should be great for this purpose. Ohh and of course save the untuned "pure" version first. If you own maschine youcan use the autosampler.

• Uwe303

or you use this, i just narrowed the frequencies down your keybord controls, so you have of course smaller frequency jumps from note to note.

• KierONeil
    KierONeil Member Posts: 6 Member

Thanks, luckily I do have Maschine so I can use the files you sent. I've never used the auto-sampler before so I'll learn something new as well.

• Uwe303

Have a look in massives ktr/osc page, there you can edit what i have set, i can also highly recommend the manual. If you need any further help, just ask