KONTROL A49 shift button does not give any option for scale or anything else

s m
s m Member Posts: 11 Member
edited November 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

The shift button has no light and does nothing when pressed apart from turn almost all the other lights OFF on the a49. i have the latest drivers etc...

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you have to use the komplete kontrol plugin in order to use scale, arp and all the good things, i would highly suggest you read the manual.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you have to use the komplete kontrol plugin in order to use scale, arp and all the good things, i would highly suggest you read the manual.

• s m

I tried using FL, Logic and Komplete... none of them worked, thats why I asked

the keyboard was not even in the box when I bought it from the shop, which they didn't mention, they didn't know if it worked properly or was it a return or anything.. the salesman at the shop and another one via email didn't mention anything about it being dusty and sitting somewhere in the shop... I took a chance as I travelled after work to pick it up. Yes Customer service in Finland is pretty much is non existent and futile... returned it for a refund and wont shop there again

• Uwe303

Ohh that's pretty bad. Of course you need it sealed and with the serial to register it, then you get the software you need in order to use the keyboard to it's full potential, like using scales, arp browse instruments from hardware, control Instruments and fx and so on. You have to install native access and enter the serial, then you get the software you need. But you wrote you tried it with komplete, do you mean komplete kontrol? Then it should have worked.

• s m

I have native access and everything... yes I tried it with the software but still

I think Im sticking with my launchpad pro mk3 as it works best for me. I wish I had learnt piano at least as a kid

thanks

• Uwe303
    edited November 2022

That's then really strange, it should at least work with the komplete kontrol app stand alone. I also can't play keyboard but it's so much fun and inspiring to play with my a49 and komplete kontrol. But anyway have a good time making music.