buttons of the komplete kontrol S88

Luijten jan
Luijten jan Member Posts: 10 Member
edited November 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

My buttons of the komplete kontrol S88 do not communicate with my Cubase transport buttons. On the internet I found that there should be a "DAW" in the midi port setup, but it doesn't show up at my system. It works well in Logic... Mac intel Montery 12.6.1 Does anyone have a solution for this?

Cubase Pro 12 , I try everything what i see on you tube , but nothings work , HELP

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer βœ“

Hey @Luijten jan Please keep in mind this forum is in English, you can use online translators like Deepl or Google Translate.

Ok, so you're not using any kind of property cleaner or uninstalling program on your Mac. Could you also answer the other questions to help troubleshooting the issue?

So, again: if you start your computer, install Komplete Kontrol, check that it works and Cubase, then restart the computer, without doing anything more, when the computer restarts, if you open Cubase, transport still doesn't work. There were some cases where an application would "steal" the Komplete Kontrol Midi / DAW port. I'm just trying to see if this could be your case. It happened with some MIDI remotes for Universal Audio sound cards or the Melodics app, for example.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer βœ“

@Luijten jan I contacted you by email, we'll need to have a closer look in your system.

• Luijten jan
    Answer βœ“

I have send it return

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited November 2022

Cubase 12 works with VST3 only. Is the controlling software from your keyboard connect to C12 with VST3?

• Luijten jan

Cubase Pro 12 , I try everything what i see on you tube , i reinstall komplete kontrol en its work , i close my computer en restart it’s work no more , i reinstall komplete kontrol again and its work again , after close my computer again its work again no more , i most every time reinstall and than its work en yes it is vst 3

• Jeremy_NI

@Luijten jan Does Cubase have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

This is how it should look in Cubase:

Is the Komplete Kontrol DAW-1 port is present here?

If you open Komplete Kontrol in standalone, can you find this Komplete Kontrol DAW-1 port too?

• Luijten jan

After reinstall Komplete Control yes , but if i close my computer en i restart my computer is it gone , than reinstall Komplete Controle and than is it back , very strong πŸ€”

• Jeremy_NI
    edited November 2022

Try giving Full Disk Access to Cubase and Komplete Kontrol, then restart your computer. Is it the same?

If you do the whole thing once again, immediately restart your computer, does it still disappear? Trying to find if any other actions might affect the situation, like using another program or device.

Are you using any Property cleaner program, like Clean My Mac or similar ?

• Luijten jan

nee gebruik geen clean my mac of dergelijke , al alles gedaan wat je zegt maar steeds hetzelfde resultaat, ik ben effe teleurgesteld, maar alvast bedankt

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer βœ“

Hey @Luijten jan Please keep in mind this forum is in English, you can use online translators like Deepl or Google Translate.

Ok, so you're not using any kind of property cleaner or uninstalling program on your Mac. Could you also answer the other questions to help troubleshooting the issue?

So, again: if you start your computer, install Komplete Kontrol, check that it works and Cubase, then restart the computer, without doing anything more, when the computer restarts, if you open Cubase, transport still doesn't work. There were some cases where an application would "steal" the Komplete Kontrol Midi / DAW port. I'm just trying to see if this could be your case. It happened with some MIDI remotes for Universal Audio sound cards or the Melodics app, for example.

• Luijten jan

I most everytime has i my computer close , reinstall de Komplete controle and than works it en perfect , i use not a midi remote , in Logic works it onmiddely , alone with cubase most i reinstall de Komplete controle and tha its it ok

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer βœ“

@Luijten jan I contacted you by email, we'll need to have a closer look in your system.

• Luijten jan

Ok , no problem

• Luijten jan
    Answer βœ“

I have send it return

• Luijten jan

I did what you asked and did, but as soon as I shut down my computer and I start it up again I have to reinstall Komplete Kontrol if I want to use it in Cubase, when my computer goes to sleep it continues to work, I know, it's very bizarre, I've never experienced it before, but I think I've tried everything and don't see any solution for the moment, what I find bizarre is that it always works in Logic, Mvg Jan