Can I use 2 x e-vouchers plus 3-month intro offer for Komplete Now?

davidv
davidv Member Posts: 11 Member

So I bought an S49 mk2 and also an M32. Each came with an e-voucher for AU$49.

According to this page, we CAN use e-vouchers for Komplete NOW - if trial already started it adds 3 months, if not started it adds 4.

How to Use Vouchers with KOMPLETE NOW – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

However, I'm not 100% sure if this can be done after I use the 3-month trial code that also came with my M32 (would suck if not, as that would mean that I'd only get 3 months when I could have gotten at least 4 months with an e-voucher).

Further to that, I'm not sure if I could use 2 e-vouchers on Komplete NOW. And if I could, would I have to add the second voucher near the end of the expiry of the first or could I just use all the vouchers at the start and end up with a 9-month trial?

For clarity, here's what I'd ideally like to do:

Step 1 - Use 3-month trial code I got with M32

Step 2 - Use an e-voucher to add 3 months (now 6 months trial)

Step 3 - Use my other e-voucher to add another 3 months (now 9 months trial)

Would love to know if this is possible. If anyone has tried this, please let me know how it went.

I'll probably try it myself soon, but I just want to make sure there's nothing else I want to use my vouchers on before committing to that.

Best Answer

• davidv
    Answer ✓

UPDATE: tldr; No, you can't use e-vouchers at all.

NI support finally got back to me and confirmed that e-vouchers actually can't be redeemed on the Komplete NOW subscription at all.

It appears that I misinterpreted the info on the page I linked in my OP. That page was referring to "coupons", which are specifically the Komplete NOW trial coupons like I the 3-month trial coupon I received with the M32. Not to be confused with the "e-vouchers" which are only redeemable for certain items in the NI store (basically nothing right now, as they can't be redeemed against bundles or anything else on a special offer).

NI probably need to be a little clearer about the distinction between coupons and e-vouchers on the info page. I'd imagine I'm not the only one who would confuse the two as coupon and voucher mean the same thing. Maybe it's a german translation thing?

Answers

• davidv
    edited November 2022

Just a quick follow-up..

I thought I'd give it a quick test without completing the signup process.

My 3-month code worked fine, but neither of my e-vouchers worked at all. Both returned "Invalid Coupon Code" on the signup form. This is even before adding the 3-month code. This is confusing because the page I linked above suggests that e-vouchers can be used. Not working for me though :(

I've also submitted a support request to NI to ask them. Will update here when I get an answer.

Request ID is #3515875 in case any NI people are reading.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@davidv My colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

• davidv
    Answer ✓

UPDATE: tldr; No, you can't use e-vouchers at all.

NI support finally got back to me and confirmed that e-vouchers actually can't be redeemed on the Komplete NOW subscription at all.

It appears that I misinterpreted the info on the page I linked in my OP. That page was referring to "coupons", which are specifically the Komplete NOW trial coupons like I the 3-month trial coupon I received with the M32. Not to be confused with the "e-vouchers" which are only redeemable for certain items in the NI store (basically nothing right now, as they can't be redeemed against bundles or anything else on a special offer).

NI probably need to be a little clearer about the distinction between coupons and e-vouchers on the info page. I'd imagine I'm not the only one who would confuse the two as coupon and voucher mean the same thing. Maybe it's a german translation thing?