How come when I select a tile under User it unselects

Options
Sphere720
Sphere720 Member Posts: 14 Member

I have a bunch of user sample collections in my Content screen. But when I move the encoder to select one other than the first top 3, the selector just moves back to the first one. Preventing me from selecting it from the hardware. This only happens when attempting to select one from the hardware. I can select it without issue in the Maschine 2 application. Anyone else dealt with this issue before? How do I fix it?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sphere720
    Answer ✓
    Options

For all who are watching this thread. Support was able to provide a working solution to my issue. Turns out that the sample files that were not allowing me to set a Vendor on were corrupted somehow straight from the sample provider I purchased them from. All I needed to do was export each of them as a new wav file and overwrite the ones in the directory. Then I was able to set the Vendor to NI. No more "Other" Vendor tile AND no more selection jumping back to the first row either when in "All Vendors" mode.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,053 mod
    Options

Hello,

does the encoder work properly with other functions, can you try to turn it slow or fast?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Options

@Sphere720 Any update on your issue? Do you still need help?

• Sphere720
    Options

Hi Jeremy. Yes. I still have this issue going on. It was happening on my old laptop and even after a fresh install of everything on my new laptop, it is still doing it. It started doing it about 6 months ago and I thought it was my laptop after uninstalling and reinstalling all my applications.

• Sphere720
    Options

Yes,. The encoder works fine with everything else. Whether I turn it slow or fast doesn't seem to make a different either.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Sphere720 Would it be possible for you to make a video of the issue so I can try a repro and show it to the Maschine team if needed?

• Sphere720
    Options

Definitely. Here is a link to a short vid of what it is doing. Hopefully this can be accessed. I couldn't attached it to the comment because there's not a video ext option available. As you can see in the video, this is on the USER level. When I move the encoder to anything below the first row, it immediately moves the selection back to the first row.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H-L-T0q_eNCIV1u1dGOKdbXPjmKwQCqc/view?usp=sharing

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Thanks for the video, it's a really weird and puzzling one! I'll try to get some more feedback.

Is Maschine running as administrator? How to Run a Program as an Administrator

Do you have any antivirus active?

• Sphere720
    Options

I did not have that set before because I am the administrator but I've set that setting and will test is soon as I get out of work. I have the standard Windows antivirus settings active, yes.

• Sphere720
    edited November 2022
    Options

It's worth noting that when I first got the Maschine, I didn't have this issue. It seemed to appear after I purchased and installed 3 packages. Which are those that you see (Dubtronik is one of them). Also see they're duplicated too. Can't figure that out either.

• Sphere720
    Options

Ok. I just tested both running as Admin and with all the virus/threat protection settings turned off. The issue still persists.

• Sphere720
    Options

I just figured something out! It definitely does have something to do with those duplicated in the "Other" Vendor group. If I set my Vendor selector to NI, it doesn't jump back to the top row when selecting tiles. I'm trying to see if I can label those under the Other vendor properly so they show up under the correct Vendor. How do I move these out of the "Other" vendor section? That way I can leave it on "All" and it won't jump on me.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,053 mod
    Options

There is a database where this stuff is saved as far as I know, at "c:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Native Instruments/Maschine" on windows, backup those files and then delete it from that folder, then re open maschine.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Sphere720 Something might be wrong with the way these libraries were tagged, we'll need to have a better look in your system so I contacted you by email.

• Sphere720
    Options

Thanks Uwe. I will hold off on this until I hear back from Jeremy.

• Sphere720
    Options

Thanks Jeremy. I submitted the zip file on the ticket.