Toybox's new ready-made synth - Tangle Synth has been released

bolabo
bolabo Member Posts: 97 Advisor
edited October 2022 in Reaktor

Hey Folks, we have released a new semi-modular soft synth based on our Reaktor blocks — Tangle Synth

The synth is NKS compatible, works great with Maschine and KK! :)

The synth is built using the cream of the Toybox blocks collection with a patching strip down the middle for quickly making modulation connections.

Although the front panel is conveniently laid out like a standard mono-synth, there are unlimited patching and routing options available from the structure view. In the structure view you can even add blocks from other packs, like Native Instruments own high quality Monark filter.

The Tangle Synth comes with over 100 patches included, all with full NKS mappings.

Features include:

Powerful oscillators take cues from contemporary Eurorack modules, including the Tangle Oscillator: a versatile oscillator block that fuses extreme phase distortion (twisting, warping, repeating and mixing basic waveforms for knotted and twisted sounds) with FM synthesis, great for thick, harmonically rich timbres. The oscillator block also features seven lo-fi modes which authentically model vintage digital convertors with gritty noise and jitter, great for old-school digital synth tones.

Flexible analog modelled filter with a pre or post filter distortion circuit and ILO (infinite linear oversampling) wave-folding. 8 different analog filter models (Moog, Korg, Roland etc) can be selected and multiple filter shapes and styles can be flexibly re-ordered and morphed between.

• Four High-quality and innovative effects blocks.

Powerful modulation blocks, including the Ramp Generator block (based on one half of the Make Noise 'Maths' function generator Eurorack module), three multi-breakpoint modulation lanes, 2 complex LFOs plus randomization and utility blocks.

A set of templates included based on common synths (like Roland SH101) for quickly dialling up basic sounds.

A flexible global snapshots system. Snapshots can be stored and morphed for each individual block or for the whole rack.

Bleeding-edge DSP and analog modelling techniques.

Works with Reaktor Player (no need for a full copy of Reaktor)

The pack is available at the intro price of only $24 (normally $45).

More information available on the Toybox website:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/tangle-synth

Comments

• bolabo
    edited October 2022

Here's CinningBao's overview video for the Tangle Synth —>  

• bolabo

Hey Folks, we just added a new sampler block to the free Toybox User Blocks pack. The Granular Sample Player block is powerful granular synthesis block with a GUI based on Native Instruments' brilliant Kodiak series of blocks.

Download the pack for free from the Toybox website here:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com

(Also we are running a spooky sale for Halloween with up to 50% off)

• m9dfukc
    m9dfukc Member Posts: 8 Member

Does this Synth come with blocks that can be used independently? For context ... I bought most Toybox blocks except for the Tangle pack, but I would be interested in Tangle Oscillator (and maybe the wavefolder) – I am thinking about buying the Tangle Synth solely for the Oscillator! Would that make sense or does anything speak against the independent use of the contained blocks?

• bolabo
    edited October 2022

The blocks that make up the Tangle Synth don't have any front panel ports for patching (the synth has a dedicated patch strip for front panel patching), so although you can still use the blocks independently from the synth you might be better of getting the pack, plus the Tangle Pack is close to the price of the Tangle Synth right now in the Spooky Sale, and you get all the other blocks, like the Wavefolder and the polyphonic blocks.

• m9dfukc
  • bolabo

Just to let you folks know we are currently running a Black Friday sale, everything 60% off -->

https://www.toyboxaudio.com

• bolabo
    edited November 2022

Just a reminder that today is the last day of our biggest ever Black Friday sale with 60% OFF everything on the website! -->

If you don't have all the packs already, then now is the ideal time to complete your collection.

Don't forget to check out the FAQ on the website for getting-started guides and tips and our YouTube channel for our latest tutorials -->

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/faq

https://www.youtube.com/@toyboxaudio

• Solncev_
    Solncev_ Member Posts: 42 Helper

I wish to buy a Tangle Synth but I'm in Russia unfortunately.

I glad to have nano pack , I bought it before February.

• KoaN
    KoaN Member Posts: 103 Advisor

Why was the thread about the Atomic pack taken down? All of a sudden it doesn't exist anymore...

• m9dfukc

yeah, I also would like to know why the thread about the Atomic pack is not there anymore?!

• bolabo

We are trying to keep the forum tidy by posting all the Toybox stuff in a single thread, use the thread below for any questions etc about any of the Toybox packs -->