Various loading time

PaulTonesProd
PaulTonesProd Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

Hi everyone,

First of all, excuse me for me English :)

Here is my problem :

Some libraries load with very short loading times (f.e : CSS Strings, Orchestral Tools Soloist etc..) all of these librairies are accessibles with the Librairies Tab.

Others Libraries (accessibles by the Database Tab) have very very long loading time. It's first freeze then takes 2/5 minutes to load. It's not depending the librairy size. Same on Kontakt 7 player, Kontakt 6 Standalone and Kontakt 6 Vst in Nuendo.

My setup is a good one (64GB DDr4 / Amd Ryzen 5800+ / M2 based storage) and i can't explain why loading is so long ...

As i work with massive orchestral templates, loading a full template can take 30 min to load.

Any ideas ?

Thanks everyone,

Bests

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@PaulTonesProd Have you checked this article already? KONTAKT - Slow Loading Times

If that doesn't help, what libraries exactly are slower to load?

• tomni
    tomni Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi Paul.

Your computer setup is good. It sounds like congestion somewhere.

Open Windows Task Manager > Performance tab 

Check CPU, Memory, Disk, Ethernet/wifi.

If any of these are getting close to 100% then that could be the problem.

Open Resource Monitor (at the bottom) for more detail about what's happening.

Also

• anything stored in the cloud - One Drive, Drop Box etc?
    • maybe it's the Library Database - remove everything, reboot, re-install

Good luck!!

Thomas

• PaulTonesProd
    PaulTonesProd Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi everyone,

It's appears that the libraries that load really slow are the ones i load with "Files" tab.

The other ones load fine !

Someone could help with this ?

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro
    edited November 2022

The libraries in the "Files" tab are probably not actual Native libraries, just compatible libraries which can account for some of the lag time and inefficiencies. Some libraries can be VERY large due to the extensive sampling process some companies use to build their instrument libraries. 8DIO, for example, has some amazingly realistic libraries, but you pay the price for them because their libraries are MASSIVE in size. But sometimes it's worth it.

The other thing to consider is how you have them installed on you computer. In my case I have two SSD 1 Tb internal drives which I use for storing my plugin libraries. It's important these be internal drives as external USB drives can't transfer the data as fast as internal ones. Even at that I have some very large libraries that can take 2 or 3 minutes to load. If you're having 30 minute load times there are other computer configuration problems whether that be amount of memory or (more commonly) slower drive/transfer times. In my case I have a very fast, high memory high speed processor computer that is primarily used as a dedicated studio computer more or less.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

If you use many of huge Libraries 64 GB might be not enought. I do not do any huge orchestral projects, but still 16 GB was not enought and I have 64 GB, now, just to be sure. Have look at Task Manager to check, how much memory your project takes...

M2 disc should be fast, but some types heat up a lot and have to slow down to keep temperature at modest values. Do you have passive cooler on your M2 SSD disc? And also, is it SATA or NVMe? NVMe is way faster.

Or maybe antivirus scans the files....

• Jeremy_NI

@PaulTonesProd If it's only for non-Player libraries, you could try this out for one of them, as a test: How to Add Non-Player Libraries to KONTAKT 7's Browser

This means that the library won't open in Kontakt 6 after that, so keep this in mind.

If you try this out eventually, let us know if it imporved loading time?

• Jeremy_NI

@PaulTonesProd Any news?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

You never got back to us. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

This discussion has been closed.