Lores expression slider, can't seem to map in DAW?

brohd11
brohd11 Member Posts: 2 Member

Anyone tried to map the expression slider in Lores? I have tried it with Maschine using the learn function, as well as in Ableton using the equivalent method. Cannot get it to recognize any input. I can learn it to midi CC from my midi controller in Kontakt though.

Seems to be an issue between Kontakt and the DAW, anyone have any insight?

It's pretty integral to the instrument, so I can't really see this being broken, but my install seems alright. Figured I'd ask before I start reinstalling things.

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• brohd11
    Answer ✓

Follow up before I go to bed.

I think this behavior is intended, the expression slider is looking for an expression pedal and midi signal from that vs the other learnable parameters in the program. I have a workaround (Maschine), I created another sound and mapped a CC11 - Expression Pedal knob to it's macro page. Then I set the midi output to go to the sound with Lores loaded. From there, you can input your midi and knob inputs on the first sound and it will control Lores. Unfortunately, to use the other controls in Lores, you have to switch back to the other sound and from channel to plugin mode.

I think I could make this work by mapping all these parameters to the group macro page, but that's alot of setup everytime. I guess I could save a group too, I might explore that for now.

I guess this is a request to NI, if it would be possible to map the expression slider to Maschine like the other software knobs, it would really help users without a control pedal get the most out of Lores

Answers

• brohd11
    Answer ✓

Follow up before I go to bed.

I think this behavior is intended, the expression slider is looking for an expression pedal and midi signal from that vs the other learnable parameters in the program. I have a workaround (Maschine), I created another sound and mapped a CC11 - Expression Pedal knob to it's macro page. Then I set the midi output to go to the sound with Lores loaded. From there, you can input your midi and knob inputs on the first sound and it will control Lores. Unfortunately, to use the other controls in Lores, you have to switch back to the other sound and from channel to plugin mode.

I think I could make this work by mapping all these parameters to the group macro page, but that's alot of setup everytime. I guess I could save a group too, I might explore that for now.

I guess this is a request to NI, if it would be possible to map the expression slider to Maschine like the other software knobs, it would really help users without a control pedal get the most out of Lores