How to optimize Kontakt 7's "Import Content"

Sorenrv
Sorenrv Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi

I have just started using Kontakt 7 after having been with Kontakt since the very first version. I have more than 100 folders with non-player Kontakt instruments, i.e. .nki and .nkm files. I want to import this content into the new browser and I can do so but only one folder at a time. When I select a folder, only the instruments in that specific folder are imported, i.e. no subfolders are included, meaning that each and every folder must be imported separately.

Is the a more efficient way to import content into Kontakt 7's the library browser?

Thanks a lot for any help :),

Soren from Denmark

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Sorenrv By the time you read this you might have finished the tedious importing. I contacted the Kontakt team to get an answer to your question. This function is not yet implemented but should be in one of the next Kontakt 7 updates.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @Sorenrv By the time you read this you might have finished the tedious importing. I contacted the Kontakt team to get an answer to your question. This function is not yet implemented but should be in one of the next Kontakt 7 updates.

• Sorenrv

Jeremy, thanks a lot :). Actually I have awaited a reply to my question before proceeding. Now I will systematically go through each folder with .nki and .nkm files and import them ... I hope that the new library navigation and search method is worth the effort :).

• Jeremy_NI

Actually, this feature might be available in a round of beta testing soon, but I don't know when exactly. Would you be interested?

• R3kl355
    R3kl355 Member Posts: 9 Member

Let me know if you need more hands on deck. We're set to try and do away with our Quickload database(s) and bring it all into the K7 folder structure as soon as we can test, understand and pull it off successfully.

Said database and spans 15+ years of large film scoring libraries and needs to be done on about 8 systems.

• Sorenrv

Hi Jeremy

Yes, thank you, I am very interested in participating in beta testing the improved import metehod. Awaiting further information, I will NOT proceed with importing my Kontakt instruments using the current import method. Please note that another NI community member has chipped in, offering to participate. It looks that he/she has a huuuge library to import compared to mine :).

Soren

• Jeremy_NI

@R3kl355 @Sorenrv I've forwarded your emails, you should be invited for the beta soon. I'm not sure in which round the feature will be implemented, so check the notes before installing. Also as it's a Beta, it might be a good idea to backup these files before proceeding, just to be extra safe!

• PetrKnedlik
    PetrKnedlik Member Posts: 4 Member

Any news about this? :)

• Sorenrv

I will answer this by trying not to reveal too much from the beta testing in which I took part :).

I have imported all my Kontakt content into Kontakt's library and it is a very welcome improvement. I did not find the process tedious at all.

Soren