Session Strings 2 + Ableton - Can Modulation/Expression be adjusted?

PhiliusX
PhiliusX Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi all! I would love to adjust the dynamics of my strings in Ableton, but so far when I try and adjust the Envelopes (1 - Modulation or 11 - Expression) it has no affect on the sound. Any ideas as to how to implement this, or does Session Strings simply not respond to these adjustments?

Here is a video that shows someone making these Modulation adjustments with Ableton + Kontakt, but with different strings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WahFUVu14Js

I have looked around quite a bit for an answer on this and haven't seen it addressed in regards to this specific instruments - any advice is appreciated!

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

just right click on the velocity switch fader and select "learn midi cc" and move the mod wheel, for example. I also wonder why it´s not already mapped, like with other libraries. Any way you can quickly learn the fader and then play a bit with the velocity switch.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

just right click on the velocity switch fader and select "learn midi cc" and move the mod wheel, for example. I also wonder why it´s not already mapped, like with other libraries. Any way you can quickly learn the fader and then play a bit with the velocity switch.

• PhiliusX
    PhiliusX Member Posts: 2 Member

Lovely, thank you! Yes, it took some playing around with the learn midi cc + opening up the Session Strings settings tab (cog icon bottom left) to adjust Dynamic Control.