Kontakt 7 working in Standalone mod but not VST

lbfrench135
lbfrench135 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello all

Noobie here. I was able to get my Kontakt 7 working in standalone mode by changing the audio setting from ASIO to WASAPI Shared. Rig keys right sound I think everything is working correctly. When I try to use it in my DAW (Cakewalk) I get no sound. I can't find that same setting either. I've included some pics to be a little more clear. If you would like any other information, please let me know.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

If you get a demo message for a NI plugin in your DAW, it's always due to VST administration problem. Kontakt 7 is VST3 only. VST3 files are installed by default here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

All DAWs should look for VST3 files in this folder by default, so the best is just not to move files after installing, as you can read here: Plug-in Administration in Cakewalk

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

When you play the blue keys in the plug-in's window, do you get sound?

What was the issue with Kontakt and the ASIO driver ? We strongly recommend to use a functioning ASIO driver.

What ASIO driver are you using for Cubase ?

• lbfrench135
    lbfrench135 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I'm using Cakewalk not cubase. With the ASIO driver it would not register keys pressed or any sound. I finally got the sounds to play out of my DAW (it was a channel issue). I can load new instruments in Konkant But now I'm battling seeing the instruments in the DAW. It says there not registered. I've changed locations, changed default location search finder but still says need to register. I enter the serial number but it just goes for an hour with no any progress.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

If you get a demo message for a NI plugin in your DAW, it's always due to VST administration problem. Kontakt 7 is VST3 only. VST3 files are installed by default here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

All DAWs should look for VST3 files in this folder by default, so the best is just not to move files after installing, as you can read here: Plug-in Administration in Cakewalk