Ozone 10 is not working on maschine mk3 after vst3 update

frkh09
frkh09 Member Posts: 35 Member

Maschine mk3 updated to latest vst3 update. It shows ozone 10 icons but when clicked it states cannot load ozone 10. Why? Since ozone 9 is working fine.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@frkh09 I contacted you by email, we'll need to have a deeper look in your system to see what's wrong here.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Hey there! What's your Operating system ? Do you get an error message when you try to load Ozone 10 ? Have you moved any file after the installation ?

• frkh09

Windows 11. Yes the weeor message says ozone 10 could not be loaded inmaschine. However its working in studio one 6. I have nor moved anything. Also I studio one 6 it loads but the fonts are so tiny even after scaling up from the corner. This doesn't happen to ozone 9.

• Jeremy_NI

Have you moved any files ? You were using Ozone 9 as a VST2, right ?Any other issues with VST3 plug-ins? Can you post a screenshot of the error message as well as the Maschine preferences / Plug-ins / Locations ?

• frkh09

I have attached 7 images. Image 1 shows the ozone 10 icon appearing in maschine 10. image 2 shows the error when the ozone 10 icon is clicked. image 3 shows ozone 9 working beautifully with no issues in maschine. Also ozone 9 has no issues in maximizing windows and fonts in maschine. Image 4 shows ozone 10 loading fine in studio one 6 but the problem is that fonts are too small and remains small when maximized. Image 5 shows when dpi scaling turning on. image 6 shows how ozone 10 looks like in studio one after enabling in studio one 6. Ozone 9 has exactly the same behaviour in studio one 6 like that of ozone 10. The 7th image shows the display settings in windows 11. I have a 65" TV where this is all displayed. It is connected to a very powerful PC with a graphics card on hence the display is scaled upto 225% other wise on 100% nothing is visible as it very tiny.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited November 2022

@frkh09 Ozone 9 is VST2, Ozone 10 is VST3 only, that's why I'm asking for the preferences in Maschine plug-in locations. The vst3 files are installed to this folder by default:

Is that folder showing in your Maschine preferences? Have you moved the Ozone 10 vst3 file from this location after the installation? If you have simply put it back where it should be or reinstall Ozone 10 in Native Access and don't move any file afterwards.

Then the Ozone 10 VST3 should show like this:

Regarding Ozone 10 and High DPI. It's not supported, UI scaling is also not supported. From Izo's customer care:

Studio One scaling: We've seen some inconsistent issues with iZotope product running in Studio One when HiDPI mode is enabled. We'd recommend switching that off to resolve any issues with the GUI appearance.

If you need more information please contact Izotope directly.

• frkh09

The path to vst3 you mentioned is present in preferences. But Ozone 10 is not listed under Manager tab. I tried to reinstall the ozone 10 from the izotope product portal but still it doesn't appear in the machine plugins list. However all the ozone 10 dll's are present in this folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\iZotope

• frkh09

I have not deleted or moved any files. I have copied, note not moved, all vst3 files from izotope folder to vst3 folder and this is the error I am getting.

• frkh09

Also this error now is showing for all the izotope products installed. Not just for ozone 10. I have just sent a pic for ozone 10. I think there is a problem either with ozone 10 installer or a problem with maschine to scan them properly.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

Pretty sure you're just seeing the same NKS issue as the arturia thread. Are you getting errors when you load the plugin manually instead of using presets in the library/browser?

• frkh09

what do you mean manually? You can only access them via the maschine browser

• frkh09

I think there is a problem with the new vst3 update as it is also not showing any of the new plugins I have purchased and installed. As they are shown in studio one 6 and working fine.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

Does it work with you load it this way? I don't have Ozone 10 so I can't test myself.

• frkh09

No because ozone 10 doesn't show in this list. I can see ozone 9 in this list and can load it manually.

• frkh09

How come yours have so many plugins showing in vst3 menu? In mine I only see native instruments pkugins in vst3 menu. All other plugins ahow under vst menu

• frkh09

See what shows in mine vst3 menu and vst menu.