Maschine Plus 1.4.4 - Long time when shutting down.

Answers

• badaz
    badaz Member Posts: 36 Member
    edited November 2022

Shutdown time is a lot longer on mine too since update 1.4.4, although I have not been experimenting with switching the wifi on or off at all. At first I thought it was just not shutting down at all as it sometimes does, so I just unplugged it after some time, but then I tried waiting a little bit more and finally it did shut down but after quite a long time

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod

@Model 12 No one reported any issue with the PLAY button, is your M+ synced to external MIDI ? That would explain it.

• meplaOne
    meplaOne Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited November 2022

Same issues since updating...unreasonably long shut-down time and a "Restore Project" message that says, "A recent Project (xx/xx/xxxx - xx:xx) can be restored. Do you want to recover your work?"

Project size does not matter. Even if I turn it on, and immediately shut it down, I'm experiencing the same error.

I have two Maschine+ units and am experiencing this issue on both of them.

• Zorlac
    Zorlac Member Posts: 2 Member

Have the exact same issues as meplaOne.

And it behaves really strange at times. Please fix this asap with an update.

This is horrible.. I want my mashine+ back to what it once was☹️

• flixmux
    flixmux Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2022

As there were no features updated, or serious bugs fixed, it would be save to revert to the previous 1.4.3 version, I guess?

Something smells wrong with this. Soundwide is cutting down resources?

Is there anyone not having this long shutdown and restore notice on every startup thing?

I might have a look at my old sd card.

Or Native Instruments could flip the switch back one version, so we could all revert to the last sane moment humanity ever knew.

• flixmux

I’m curious, how were you actually able to reproduce it, else then from simply turning the machine back on after the update, or after saving any project?

I’m also somewhat furious that this went under your radar.

Maybe next time, you could try some proper testing before release?

Any explanation?

• Jeremy_NI

Hey there,

The M+ team are still investigating this issue but have not found the underlying root cause yet. We understand the frustration, sorry about that. Please remember that no work is lost, no function is absent. We are planning to address this and release a Hotfix as soon as we found the issue.

• ugraal
    ugraal Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2022

To be honest, I loosed my last project. Before shooting down my maschine, i switched to an old project and then shooted down th M+. And the new project is completely gone. We are completelly blocked.

• Jeremy_NI

@ugraal Do you mean gone from the SD card or from the menu ? I see that you are in contact with my colleagues regarding this and you told them you would check that. Did you check ?

• Pollip
    Pollip Member Posts: 11 Member

My last project did also disappear from the "recent file" folder after the update, but fortunately still remained in the user project folder.

• ugraal
    ugraal Member Posts: 4 Member

Oh sorry 😅 I misunderstood your colleagues message! Is still there! you made me very happy! Sorry sorry sorry again!!

• flixmux
    edited November 2022

Fair enough, it still works as intended, although I had one crash shortly after the update, which is new to me. Sometimes Maschine was acting funny, or seemed to be locked up (rare), but no actual crash. I fear a little for the future direction this might take. I switched over from MPC, because I found the bugs and workflow too annoying. Maschine/+ is much more to more liking, but it certainly can be improved in several respects.

For starters, an optional “record arm” feature for groups/patterns, it’s kind of standard. At the moment, it’s either recording into everything or nothing.

Also, please enable Midi out from plugins, so e.g. we could patch some interesting Midi generative stuff (arps, custom step sequencers..) up in Reaktor.

Also, I’m missing out on good bread and butter sounds in standalone mode. Pianos and stuff. I have an old Motif rack with a fraction of memory and it gives me good enough sounds to work with, but as a setup it’s not portable anymore, also I can look around for free Kontakt libraries that might work, but it’s a bit of a shame, giving what’s all in your arsenal.

The filters in Maschine (sampler..) are a somewhat weak spot, as Stimming already mentioned in his early Youtube review, so I still keep a Digitakt around because its saturation and digital filter algorithms sound very good. Would be nice if there could be upgrades in that respect.

Patterns switching should have a quantization option, it also been requested for ages. I really LOVE the way the pattern per Group design allows you to break away from the common global pattern lock-in in other boxes, so you can have fill-ins and variations to your liking, but the always-immediate jumping to another pattern somewhat spoils the usability for a life situation.

Maybe scenes could allow to leave some patterns running as before, maybe providing an option for kind of „transparent“ pattern entries in a scene.

Top of my head wishlist.

Sorry for being off-topic.

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro

@flixmux you can set the scenes to change at the end of a scene and not when you press on a scene. For example you play scene 1, and you want to play the variation you made in scene 2 with the fills, and then go back to scene 1 or move along to scene 3, there is a setting that allows you to do that, that scenes are played to the end before it switches to the next scene, so even if you select scene 3, it won’t jump to it until the “currently playing” scene is finished, all happens seamlessly. I know how to change this setting when I’m working on my M+, but I can’t remember now exactly how bcs I’m not sitting with the unit now, I know, shame on me. Please help a brother out here @D-One

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro

@Jeremy_NI I have been lucky enough not to update my Maschine+ bcs I was abroad. I’d like to downgrade my desktop version of maschine 2 to the previous “non native on M1” version. Can you please post a link for the download? Peace and love.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited November 2022

@flixmux said:

I’m curious, how were you actually able to reproduce it, else then from simply turning the machine back on after the update, or after saving any project?

I’m also somewhat furious that this went under your radar.

I wonder the same. Maybe they internally only use development-related tests, not actual real-world testing as in using the HW... (??) that's the only possible explanation. Still... it's quite crazy that this passed QC.

I didn't have time to test this version before release, if I did there was no way I would have missed such an obvious bug.

Hold Shift+Follow/Grid and change the Perform Grid to Scene.