KK S61 not reading installed sounds and no sound produced

elim93
elim93 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

After updating my software (Maschine 2.16, Komplete Kontrol 2.8), it seems that my S61 keyboard is only able to receive midi data from a few NI kits from all the installed sounds on my computer. When loading up a kit that works, all the sounds will play from that kit. When I load a kit that does not work, none of the sounds will play from my S61. However, these "non-working" kits will produce sound on my maschine jam and studio. I noticed that if I load an individual sound on a "working kit" the sound is actually able to play on my S61 as normal however, it must be part of that kit in order to be able to be played by the S61. If I load a sound into a "non-working kit" the sound will not play from my S61. It seems, that my S61 keyboard is not able to read the data of 90% of my installed sounds and kits and it must go through a "middle man", that being the kits that are being read correctly and actually work when playing midi notes on my S61. Absolutely no individual sounds from NI or from third party plugins will play using my S61 however, when loaded they always play normally on my maschine jam and studio. It is definitely an issue with how my S61 is reading the data from all sounds. A small potion of kits will read correctly and will play when pressing keys on my S61 however, this only applies to Group kits and not any other individual sounds or plugins. To sum it up, my S61 is able to read some full kits and I am then able to replace those kit sounds with any other sound as normal and they will play on my S61 however, if I load up a kit that cannot be read or an individual sound or plugin, they will not be read by the S61 and no sound will be produced. Thank you for the help.

Best Answer

• elim93
    Answer ✓

I figured it out.  I went to Preferences then to Default then went down to the "Default Midi Input Mode" section and changed it to "Focus" and it works as normal again. The midi keyboards will not work if changed to "None"

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@elim93 Have you opened Komplete Kontrol in standalone? What are your MIDI settings, input & output?

• elim93

@Jeremy_NI Yes, I have opened Komplete Kontrol in Standalone and I am able to open up sounds normally. My KK S61 will pick up all sounds and plugins when in stand alone mode. It does not work in Maschine 2 however. In my Midi inputs I have the following activated: Komplete Kontrol Daw 1, Komplete Kopntrol 1, Komplete Kontrol EXT 1, MAschine Studio In, Focusrite USB Midi, Maschine Jam 1. In outputs I have the following active: All those listed previously including Maschine Studio Out 1 2 and 3

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Can you post a screenshot of these prefs?

• elim93
    Answer ✓

I figured it out.  I went to Preferences then to Default then went down to the "Default Midi Input Mode" section and changed it to "Focus" and it works as normal again. The midi keyboards will not work if changed to "None"