Can't install Native Access on Win11

CJW
CJW Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Native Access

I've upgraded to a new machine that came pre-installed with Windows 11.

I've reinstalled Cubase and all my other non-NI instruments without any issues.

But I'm now trying to install Kontakt 6 Player, which is required by a few of the commercial instruments I bought. The only way to install it seems to be via Native Access.

But Native Access crashes silently on startup. (Exact same issue reported here: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/native-access-wont-open-windows-11.463239/.)

Has anyone successfully gotten Native Access to work on Windows 11? Any word from Native Instruments on when this might be fixed?

Is there any way to download and install Kontakt 6 Player directly?

All of my music production is dead in the water without these instruments!

Best Answer

• CJW
    Answer ✓

SOLVED!

TL;DR Native Instruments sent me a link to an older (bad) version of Native Access. I found a link to a newer version that worked.

So here's how I wound up with the older version: I went to download Kontakt 6 Player from this page: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-6-player/free-download/

This page prompts you for an email address, and then they email you the actual download link for Native Access. But that link is to an OLDER version of Native Access. It installs fine at first, but when you launch it, it says it needs to be updated. After updating, it stops working altogether, as described in the linked forum thread above.

But I finally found you can download the Native Access Installer directly from https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access/, and this link is to the latest version. THAT version worked on Windows 11.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Have you tried to launch it in compatibility mode? Not a W11 user, still W10 but sometimes launching with properties and compatibility can work. I believe people are using W11 without issue.

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 210 Advisor

I was able to install native access on windows 11 by being logged in as admin user, and right click install as admin. I also turned off the damn security setting to do popup for we dont recognize the installer...app control? I also removed all trace of b.s. mcafee ****** nobody should use with windows 11.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,097 mod

No problems installing here. I just downloaded the latest NA installer from the NI site and ran it, accepting all the usual UAC questions. That installed ok and NA runs ok too.

I don't have any additional antivirus stuff running apart from the usual Microsoft one. Windows install was a straightforward Windows 11 install without messing around with UAC settings or anything like that.

• CJW
    Answer ✓

SOLVED!

TL;DR Native Instruments sent me a link to an older (bad) version of Native Access. I found a link to a newer version that worked.

So here's how I wound up with the older version: I went to download Kontakt 6 Player from this page: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-6-player/free-download/

This page prompts you for an email address, and then they email you the actual download link for Native Access. But that link is to an OLDER version of Native Access. It installs fine at first, but when you launch it, it says it needs to be updated. After updating, it stops working altogether, as described in the linked forum thread above.

But I finally found you can download the Native Access Installer directly from https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access/, and this link is to the latest version. THAT version worked on Windows 11.

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 210 Advisor

Wow. Glad you got that sorted. That explains why mine worked as i got it from the main native access page on website and not email link. Whew!

• Djreversal
    Djreversal Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited January 2022

I can get it to install. Problem i have is when i open it after installation it just gives me a non responding white box and i cant install any of my software at all. I have disabled the Firewall and Antivirus, i am running in Admin mode. Still just a blank non responsive box.

• Jeremy
    Jeremy Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

If you happen to have Windows File History set to periodically create backup files in the background, turn off backups while downloading anything from Native Access. (I kept getting errors trying to download certain products until I realized that this was the culprit!)

• paul doolan
    paul doolan Member Posts: 13 Member

Going off topic a bit but I had MacAfee installed on a new computer some years ago and within 2 days my computer was soo slow, found out that it was hogging all the memory, deleted it and all good, never used it since.