Maschine mk3 new vst3 update freezes on plugin scan

frkh09
frkh09 Member Posts: 35 Member
edited November 2022 in Maschine

I have updated to latest maschine mk3 vst3 update. On startup it freezes on plugin scan window. It is having problems on scanning new vst's.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• frkh09
    Answer ✓

It has been fixed but I had to delete every possible maschine folder existed in my PC including all registry entries. Once it was cleaned from any maschine traces then I freshly installed it and it works smoothly with no issues!

Answers

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

If you're on Windows, try temporarily disabling Windows Defender or add exceptions for your plugin folders.

• frkh09

I'm on Windows 11. It was working fine before the update. I tried turning the firewall off and defender but no luck.

• frkh09

Just updated maschine to its latest vst3 update, it freezes on plugin scan and doesn't start the software unless I delete the Scanning file in program data folder for it to bypass the scan. Tried rescanned after getting into the software from preferences page but it halts while at the end and never completes it. Tried uninstalling and reinstall but still no luck

• trusampler
    trusampler Member Posts: 72 Helper

Another case of the lovely NI Plugin Scanner working well. NI FIX THE SCAN APP !

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod

@frkh09 Can you see on what plug-ins Scanapp is struggling?

• frkh09

Yes this is very interesting one because its not struggling with any one particular plugin. Sorts say you see it struggles with plain no. 1, you check it off rescan then when it gets way to the end then it struggles with plugin no.2, well you unchecked this one but guess what same thing keeps happening. So what's happening is when it gets right at the end of the Scan, whatever plugin is there left it freezes on it.

• Jeremy_NI

@frkh09 I suspect the issue is related to VST3 plug-in management, as raised in another post. Different problem, same source. Let's continue the conversation in the other thread.

• frkh09

See the screeenshot that at the very end of the scan it just freezes Lets stay if I uncheck the scan for this plugin that it froze on then next time it will freeze on another plugin. So, what do I do?

• frkh09

I think there is a problem with the new vst3 update as it is also not showing any of the new plugins I have purchased and installed. As they are shown in studio one 6 and working fine.

• NuWu Ent
    NuWu Ent Member Posts: 4 Member

I've had the same issue since installing Rosetta EQ - Maschine gets stuck on "Updating Factory Effect Tags" and never fully opens. I have uninstalled Maschine and reinstalled - nothing has worked. Oddly the Rosetta EQ shows up in StudioOne with no issues or problems. Very frustrated!!!!

• Jeremy_NI

@NuWu Ent What is your operating system? If you remove the Rosetta EQ plug-in file from its folder and run Maschine again, does Maschine get stuck too?

• frkh09
    Answer ✓

It has been fixed but I had to delete every possible maschine folder existed in my PC including all registry entries. Once it was cleaned from any maschine traces then I freshly installed it and it works smoothly with no issues!