Problem with Maschine MK2 as a MIDI controller for Ableton Live on a specific Live Set

Alexis83
Alexis83 Member Posts: 8 Member
edited December 2022 in Maschine

Hi,

I have an issue when using Maschine MK2 as a MIDI controller for Ableton Live: on most of my Live Sets, the controller is recognized by Ableton (thanks to and is all is functioning well (thanks to the MIDI Remote scripts I found here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/fr/articles/4413367278097-Comment-installer-les-templates-de-MASCHINE-pour-Ableton-Live#:~:text=Si%20tu%20utilises%20une%20MASCHINE%20MIKRO%20MK2%2C%20maintient%20le%20bouton,autre%20configuration%20ne%20sera%20n%C3%A9cessaire..)

But on one specific Live Set it seems the MIDI control is "lost". Knobs are still working properly but transport commands and pads aren't. Although I've created several MIDI templates (one per Live Set, in order to customize it), I don't think that this a bug due to the template itself because, when I try to use this template on any other Live Set, there's no problem: I can still have control over transport, scene, clips, etc... It seems there's an issue on the Live Set itself which prevents it from using my MK2 as a MIDI controller.

Would you know how I can fix this problem?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod

If this only affects one live set, is there a plug-in you are using here than you are not using in the other sets? Have you tried recreating the set ? In Ableton you can easily import tracks for the set track by track, maybe then you will find where things break.

• Alexis83

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I've tried rebuilding the track twice and it seems there's no real logic: it can break when I add a specific plugin to a certain track but also when I add a MIDI sequence to another track... Just as if the controller stops working properly when there are just too many elements in my Live Set. I'm using the Ableton Live's trial version at the moment but I guess that shouldn't be the cause. I'll buy Ableton 11 and see if the problem persists.

• Jeremy_NI

@Alexis83 Tricky! It's very unlikely that getting the full version of Ableton will fix the issue. Are there any other controllers or MIDI devices in your setup ?

• Alexis83

Yes, I agree, it shouldn't change anything. I also use a small Novation keyboard controller and a Moog Minitaur, both plugged by USB.

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, is the Novation keyboard controller also controlling Ableton ? I imagine that the issue could come from conflict here. Have you tried with only the MK2 and the Minitaur, for troubleshooting ?

• Jeremy_NI

@Alexis83 Any update on the issue?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

We didn’t hear back from you. We’re closing this thread. If you still need assistance on that matter, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_maschine

This discussion has been closed.