Komplete Kontrol loading issue with Arturia Collection 9

2»

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

Probably kicking themselves for supporting NKS and having to now do a heap of work to have to fix and test things. Could take them months. Wont mention any names but a few devs are miffed about the hassle of added support of NKS and some I have spoken to say it is the leading reason they will never support it. I can sympathize, tho I am sure they don't have to try and fix things at the binary level since users have no help at all from NI dev team (only additional roadblocks).

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert

I know I don’t blame them for feeling miffed but tbh leaving NKS aside developers should be factoring in migration and ensuring their plugins load with params aligned between the VST2 and 3 versions so DAW projects don’t break when users switch over to VST3. The fact is many devs had already enabled this even in plugins that don’t support NKS in the first place just because it is good practice

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

Yeah that's something else but since I now see several plugins working fine between VST2/3 including parameters it makes me wonder why many devs aren't doing better in this. No use having it support both plugins if certain applications won't work with the parameters between them. I have to test but I would also think if parameters failed to work between plugin versions in KK/Maschine then it must also be an issue in projects and templates I have created for Ableton Push.

• Kymeia

Yeah I was checking out the recent Soundtoys VST3 updates - these are old plugins and they seem to have zero interest in NKS and yet my NKS templates made many years ago with the VST2 open flawlessly with the VST3 versions including params. So it clearly is possible and this isn’t just about NKS but migration between DAW projects as a whole, including automation. I guess some devs have been more conscious of this than others but for those who support NKS this is something of a rude awakening and I can understand if some feel it wouldn’t have been their first priority were it not for the clamour from disgruntled NKS and M1 users

• Chuck Tour
    Chuck Tour Member Posts: 2 Member

that really works, thank you, friend! had the same problem this morning when I updated the Komplet Kontrol, freaked out a bit there 😂

• Chuck Tour
    Chuck Tour Member Posts: 2 Member

but still won't load in Ableton. so I have to run Ableton under rosetta. damn

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,308 mod
    Answer ✓
  • CarrieM
    CarrieM Member Posts: 7 Member

Seems will need to use rosetta for a long time, it's v frustrating to keep reverting back to rosetta, will go hassle Arturia lol.

• Kymeia

They are already aware of it - this sort of change takes development time