KOMPLETE KONTROL / MASCHINE Error: "*Product* could not be loaded, as it may not support Apple Silic

Options
stumpy_strudel
stumpy_strudel Member Posts: 8 Member
  • Primarily is happening with third-party NKS plugins like U-He Diva and Arturia.
  • Was working fine on the Mac Mini M1 that I replaced with a MacBook Pro M1 Pro, get this error on the latter.
  • Restored from a Time Machine back-up to the MacBook Pro started getting this error.
  • Reformatted the MacBook Pro and started from scratch, still get the error.
  • Latest version of all plugins.
  • All plugins are M1 compatible and running in Apple Silicon / Universal mode, which contradicts what is stated here as causing the error: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/6178238907421-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-MASCHINE-Error-Product-could-not-be-loaded-as-it-may-not-support-Apple-Silicon-or-VST2-to-VST3-migration-
  • Running Komplete Kontrol in Apple Silicon / Universal generates this error.
  • Running Komplete Kontrol in Apple Silicon / Universal also causes the ScanApp to crash.
  • Running Komplete Kontrol through Rosetta works, but that's garbage and shouldn't have to considering all these are Apple Silicon compatible.
  • Apparently the latest version of Komplete Kontrol is faulty and needs to be fixed.

Best Answer

Answers

• stumpy_strudel
    stumpy_strudel Member Posts: 8 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Never mind... got the other half the story here:

Would be helpful if all the pertinent information was in one place related to this error instead of having to figure it out from two different sources, lol.

Basically in cases where things are M1 compatible through the entire pipeline (KK, Arturia, U-He, etc.) then the culprit is the third-party needs to get their NKS files up-to-date to work with the newest versions of KK.

• anthony-1979
    anthony-1979 Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options

So what does this mean for Maschine users who load groups and the Massive on pad 16 is now missing? Are NI going to re-release all groups with the VST3 version of massive loaded on all PAD 16 of every single group? I really hope so because I currently am not hearing the Maschine groups loading fully.