Question to Downgrade from NA2 to NA1

mdap
mdap Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi,

I installed NA2 and for known reasons (which I don't want to repeat here) it doesn't work actually. Because of this I have now installed NA1 as I can't wait that long and everything is working fine here.

Nevertheless, I now have the following questions again, since I like to keep a system "clean":

I tried to run this workaround, which unfortunately didn't work (and I don't have time for trial & error either).

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/4343/tips-please-grant-permission-to-native-access-to-install-dependencies-na2-on-mac#latest

Question 1: What exactly does the CleanUp Script do with my system? Are any files being deleted here? If yes, which?

Question 2: After the CleanUp Script you should reinstall the NTKDaemon. After that, however, an entry appears in the autostart (NTKDaemon) and is started up with every start of MacOs, so to speak -> was that intended, because it wasn't like that before?

Question 3: Does the NTKDaemon Installer Mac.pkg only install the NTKDaemon in the following path:

MacOS/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/NTK/NTKDaemon

Is this everything the installer does?

However, if I follow Native-Instruments' instructions to uninstall NA2, this NTKDaemon still remains in the system and the question for me is whether this can be deleted (or is there an uninstaller for all program applications for the NTKDaemon)? Is this NTKDaemon also related to Native Access 1?

Thanks for the information!

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Hello,

i'm not a Mac user so i only can tell you the NTK lDeamon is also needed for na1.

• mdap

Hi Uwe, thanks for the comment! I heard the NTKDaemon is for an automatic login in NA2. Now I have NA1 and I always have to log in manually. So the NTKDaemon has no sense to NA1?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

"The NTK Daemon is responsible for synchronising Sounds.com Collections to your Komplete Kontrol and Maschine software browsers." Found this in the old forum,written by a native employee. I maybe should ask a native guy if it's necessary or not.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

NTK DAemon is now responsible for some part of the installation in Native Access. Definitely necessary.

@mdap There is an ongoing issue where users need to log-in every time they open Native Access 2. It's being looked into and will be fixed soon hopefully.

First thing to check is that Native Access has Full disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

You can also remove the NTK DAemon from the login items, in your system preferences.

• mdap

Ok, thanks for the information! So the NTKDaemon is also necessary for NA1? I saw that it's possible on Mac that you can install NA1 and NA2 simultaneously? Then let me wait for an Update after 3.0.1 and then I will install it again and have booth: NA1 and NA2? That's possible? I read only on Windows you can handle only one Native Access?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Yes, you only need to rename one of the applications.