Disable reverb in Kontakt 7

GuyD
GuyD Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

There seems to be an inherent reverb I cannot disable, even when I kill all FX including Convolution. In every library.

In kontakt 6 the reverb parameter is clearly visible but kontakt 7?? How do I make a dry sound so I can use my own reverb?

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Ok i will check that - ok the new libraries orchestral stuff is definitely recorded in a big absolutely non dry room and you have it always in the samples. But you can simply install the old factory library and use the old sounds if you don´t like the new ones, you don´t need kontakt 6 to open them.

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

can you give an example of a library where this happens?

• Jaxigally
    Jaxigally Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am running into this too. It is so many of the acoustic instruments. A clear example is the Woodblock in the Kontakt library. It just has a heavy reverb on it at all times, regardless of whether convolution is on or not (or any effects).

• GuyD
    GuyD Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

The reverb seems to be on every library, every instrument. It' s kontakt 7 itself. I cannot remove the reverb! It's with the factory library orchestral instruments I'm trying to disable or at least reduce it. All of them have a big reverb. And Kontakt 6 won't let me load them now that I have bought kontakt 7. I really wish I hadn't bought 7. Unless there is a way to drop the reverb that I'm not finding . . ? On Kontakt 6 it is right there. You simply reduce the parameter.

• Uwe303
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Ok i will check that - ok the new libraries orchestral stuff is definitely recorded in a big absolutely non dry room and you have it always in the samples. But you can simply install the old factory library and use the old sounds if you don´t like the new ones, you don´t need kontakt 6 to open them.