Recording on Traktor DJ2 on Ipad

Felix
Felix Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi all,

i was wondering if there really is no possibility for recording on Traktor DJ 2 on ipad.

I also read that there is no library management. Is that true?

If so, then the old Version Traktor DJ would be much better.

I'm asking because i'm thinking of buying the S2 MK3, but this one isn't working this Traktor DJ.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

@Karlos Santos @Ryan_NI Any clue on this one? 😊

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

hey! if I'm not mistaken, you should be able to record in TDJ2, but let me double-check that. could you elaborate more about what you mean by library management? what about library management specifically are you looking for?

• Aleix Jiménez
    Aleix Jiménez Member Posts: 72 Advisor
    Answer ✓

You can record 👌🏻

• Felix

Thank you! someone in a youtube video said that you are not able to make differnet playlists and arrange tracks in a certain order.

• Felix

Thank you all, i just downloaded the app to check all my questions. Didn't think about that bevor...

• Aleix Jiménez
    Aleix Jiménez Member Posts: 72 Advisor

Unfortunately, afaik this is still true…

You must create your playlists on Music/iTunes in order to select/use them, because you can’t do it in Traktor DJ 2, for now, unfortunately… and no, there is no way to use/sync your Traktor Pro 2/3 library with it, in case you thought/wondered if this was possible

Hopefully devs will give it a little bit more of love in the future, but it’s been paused for over a year and a half, so don’t have very high hopes… 😰

• TeLLy
    TeLLy Member Posts: 71 Advisor

Agreed the iPad apps have been sadly neglected, they never really served as much more than a plan-Z backup or toy and not one I felt confident rocking full gigs with. Kinda get it, it's one (albeit widespread) device among a sea of laptops and desktops that have wider open operating systems and capabilities, it's like opening a repair shop just for BMW 330i.

I'd actually rather see a more unified solution for a multi-platform Traktor.. On the Apple side since iPads and laptops will soon all be using the same processor, a world of opportunity opens up. I salivate at the thought of a hybrid timecode setup with touch-enabled effects and delay/transport matrices. But again Apple doesn't make things easy for developers....