Printing midi from ensembles with several sequencers.

fireapplered
fireapplered Member Posts: 12 Member
edited November 2022 in Reaktor

So I want to print/record the midi from Quadropolis into Bitwig, which has four 8 Step Bento sequencers. I thought it might be as easy as using a 2 CV Mix blocks into a Midi Out, one for pitch and one for gate, and it seems to work fine for the gate information (I Midi Out in the Connect tab turned on too) but I can't seem to get the pitch information. I've also tried using the Mix 4 for the pitch too.

Please, does anyone have a suggetion on how to get pitch from several sequencers, that would also work in other ensembles too?

Best Answer

• fireapplered
    Answer ✓

Thanks, Paule!

I have found a solution. I just hooked a Midi Out to each sequencer and assigned them a midi channel and printed to four tracks in Bitwig. I don't know why I didn't think of that originally, heh!

Now... now to make a version of Quadropolis without the sequencers.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited November 2022

Mix 4 is an audio in/out Block. There is no midi coming out of.

Here is a mod by Jonathan Tremblay for 8/16 track seqs to record for generating seq

• fireapplered
    Answer ✓

Thanks, Paule!

I have found a solution. I just hooked a Midi Out to each sequencer and assigned them a midi channel and printed to four tracks in Bitwig. I don't know why I didn't think of that originally, heh!

Now... now to make a version of Quadropolis without the sequencers.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

now to make a version of Quadropolis without the sequencers

But it's always the same what you record (print)!??!