Kontakt 7 and Logic Pro M1

robbie
robbie Member Posts: 13 Member

Is anyone having Kontakt stall or crash in Logic? I’m running K7 in Rosetta mode but it will stall and I will shut it down.

then it will crash. Here’s the 3rd time I’ve opened it.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod
    Answer ✓

Ok, so now I understand the misunderstanding. When you say "auditioning" what you mean is actually loading the instrument. Auditioning would usually mean listening to the preview samples before loading.

So you need to click on that switch here to go to the minimized view when you open Kontakt. Then when you go to the browser mode you will be able to load a sound instead of the one that was loaded before.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @robbie Does it also crash in Kontakt in standalone? Can you describe step by step the events leading to the crash?

Have you tried these steps ? KONTAKT Crashes

• Jeremy_NI

@robbie Any update ? IS it fixed now?

• robbie

it seems to be fixed but now I'm having an issue with auditioning sounds in K7. I have the pencil highlighted so that I can play the sound but went I go to the next on, it stacks it onto the previous sound.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey Robbie, sorry but I don't get what the issue is. What pencil do you mean? When previewing sounds in the browser, one click is to listen, a double click will load the selected instrument in your existing Multi / Kontakt instrument.

• robbie

I’m sorry, the pin 📌

when I double click, yes it allows me to play the sound but when I go to another sound, it stacks it onto the previous sound. How do I just audition a different sound without stacking each sound?

if I audition 5 different sounds, should they all stack together as a multi instrument? I just want to audition one at a time.

thanks for your attention.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey Robbie, thanks for the clarification.

This is how it should work: One click = playing the sounds, Double click = loading the sounds

Since there are no settings regarding the mouse and clicking in Kontakt, it might be a setting of your mouse or keyboard.

• robbie

This is an example. I checked everything. Are you supposed to be able to flip back and forth with the old version? My settings for my mouse are not the problem. Is there something to uncheck so that it doesn’t create a multi instrument? I’ve got through the settings/preferences and there’s nothing checked for multiple instruments.

• robbie

The multi button isn’t checked

• Jeremy_NI

Hey Robbie, so you mean that you're only clicking once and it loads an instrument when that should only happen with a double click, right? We're not able to reproduce this issue, so that's why I'm pointing to mouse settings as this would explain the issue.

• robbie

No. I’m double clicking but it loads the initial instrument but when I go to another instrument (double click that one) it loads in addition to the previous instrument, making a multi instrument. I don’t want this. I want to audition another sound/instrument.

• Jeremy_NI

As I said before: If you just want to hear the preset you need to click only once.

• robbie

If you audition a sound. And then go to a different sound to audition it, is it supposed to create a multi instrument with the previous sound that was auditioned or should it play/audition the next sound separate?

I want to play/audition different sounds. Not hear the sound sample. I’m trying to play chords with different sounds-without it creating a multi instrument.

in this picture, the top instrument is what I auditioned/played. Then I went to audition/play the next instrument but the first one remained. It doesn’t clear the previous instrument

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Ok, so now I understand the misunderstanding. When you say "auditioning" what you mean is actually loading the instrument. Auditioning would usually mean listening to the preview samples before loading.

So you need to click on that switch here to go to the minimized view when you open Kontakt. Then when you go to the browser mode you will be able to load a sound instead of the one that was loaded before.