How to stop all lights blinking

cortes
cortes Member Posts: 5 Member

I just got an S88. When it's sitting idle, all of the LED's will blink at once. It happens every few minutes. I'm using it with Logic Pro on an Intel Mac. Logic Pro is running, but not the active application. I've found other questions when the lights flicker individually. That's not my case.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

Ok, I see, thanks for the clarification. The way the S88 is connected to the Mio Midi switch is not totally clear to me, why you have MIDI cables connected to the S88, to control hardware synths or other machines? Anyway, the keyboard should be connected to the computer directly through USB, there is more than MIDI information going on here.

Not sure if the problem here is just the USB cable or the MIDI switch. The best is to try to add one device / setting at a time until you find the culprit.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

I don't think we had similar reports. How is your keyboard connected to the computer ? A USB hub? Have you tried connecting it directly to the computer? Have you tried another USB cable? What kind of Mac is it? A macbook ? Is it connected to power?

• cortes
    edited November 2022

I looked into some more. The LED's also flash when Logic Pro is active. I was doing scales this morning. Notes would not sound at the same time LED's flashed.

I'm using the same USB cable I used with my Roland RD2000. It never had this issue. Of course, it doesn't have LED's, but I never had notes go dead playing scales.

I have a mid level Mac Pro. The USB cable is connected to a hub as it was with the RD 2000. I checked the power cable with a multimeter. It's putting out 15v DC.

I also have MIDI cables connected to it and then to a Mio MIDI switch. From there, it's a USB connection to the Mac Pro. I just turned off the Mio and the keyboard won't play notes.

I also tried it in Komplete Kontrol. It doesn't play there either and it's greyed out as a controller.

Even with the MIDI switch turned off, the LED's continue to flash. I turned the MIDO switch back on. The S88 no longer plays and you can't browse.

OK I tried the USB cable that works with my Maschine with the Mio switch off. The S88 works. It's been a few minutes and I haven't seen any flashing LED's. My guess is that the cable work intermittently causing the S88 to try to switch to it and then back.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Ok, I see, thanks for the clarification. The way the S88 is connected to the Mio Midi switch is not totally clear to me, why you have MIDI cables connected to the S88, to control hardware synths or other machines? Anyway, the keyboard should be connected to the computer directly through USB, there is more than MIDI information going on here.

Not sure if the problem here is just the USB cable or the MIDI switch. The best is to try to add one device / setting at a time until you find the culprit.

• cortes
    edited November 2022

The MIDI connection were just old habit as I've been doing MIDI long before USB connections. The only other MIDI device I have is the Maschine, which I never connected to the Mio. Looks like I can simplify my setup by taking out the switch. The S88 was fine all day yesterday after the change. Thanks for your help.