Does Komplete 13 come with Kontakt 6?

D-Ryan
D-Ryan Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

So I bought a Maschine MK3 about a year ago and its been great, but I noticed as I loaded up kontakt today in my DAW that it was still showing demo mode. I thought this was rather weird since I got the MK3 and it said it came with Komplete 13, and Komplete 13 comes with Kontakt. So why is my Kontakt still in demo mode? It's especially become an issue when it comes to dealing with third party instruments and the sort.

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

Depends which variant of Komplete 13 bundle, but for most of them, yes, it does come with K6. If you have Komplete 13 Select, it only comes with Kontakt Player, not full Kontakt.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

Depends which variant of Komplete 13 bundle, but for most of them, yes, it does come with K6. If you have Komplete 13 Select, it only comes with Kontakt Player, not full Kontakt.

• TommyV
    TommyV Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Seems like the FULL version of Kontakt 6 does NOT come with Komplete Ultimate 13. I finally finished installing Komplete Ultimate 13 for the first time on a new macstudio (my prior mac&OS were too old for newer versions) but now my FULL version of Kontakt is only 5.8.1 (player V7 is included). I have sound libraries that want V6 or later FULL version. My MAIN reason for upgrading to Ultimate 13 was to bring my version of Kontakt forward. Frustrating.

Does Ultimate 14 come with Kontakt 6 FULL, or Kontakt 7 FULL?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

K13U has Komplete 6 for sure. But is K6 compatible with OS you use? If not, it will not show up in Native Access.... But for sure, you have the licence for K6, if you have licence for K13U.

K14U comes with K7.

• TommyV

Thanks very much Kubrak, I'd assumed K6 did not come with K13U since I installed ALL of K13U and K6 didn't show up. I'm running MacOS on Monterey on a new M1 Macstudio. And per the following link, and your reply, I SHOULD have K6, so I'll pursue this further:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014900358-Compatibility-of-Native-Instruments-Products-on-macOS

• TommyV

Running Native Access again, however, K6 is STILL missing, as you can see from the screen capture below. I'll contact support if I can't figure this out soon...

• TommyV

Thank you again Kubrak. I found the solution here:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000487817

"While KONTAKT 5 and KONTAKT 7 are displayed with their version numbers in Native Access, KONTAKT 6 is just called KONTAKT."

So it IS installed on my machine, I just didn't recognize it.