Maschine Plus 1.4.4 - Long time when shutting down.

Answers

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 74 Helper
    edited November 2022

@Jeremy_NI It happens every time, regardless of project. It happens even in case i shutting M+ down with empty project after doing FILE -> NEW. Despite being quite fast prior to 1.4.4 after changing Airplane mode state first shutdown was taking much longer. And with 1.4.4 it became i would say 10 times longer.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

After these reports I for one am not going to install this batch of updates on M+ or the software/NA anywhere until the bugs get worked out. Very disappointed...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

So, yeah the issue is easily reproducible and being looked into. Hopefully a fix is coming soon.

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 165 Advisor

Exactly the same here. New project, small project, big project...

Don't understand the 'airplane' part, but prior to 1.4.4 shutdown sometimes was so quick that it felt like the M+ was crashing in de writing process. But, it didn't as projects could be reopened as expected.

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 74 Helper
    edited November 2022

@MaikR If wifi was enabled (Airplane mode is off), then after enabling Airplane mode shutdown time was considerably longer. Same when wifi was disabled (Airplane mode is on), turning Airplane mode off caused longer shutdown. On my unit such things happened not in 100% cases but most of times when Airplane mode state was changed. But in both cases it was faster then usual shutdown of 1.4.4

• Pollip
    Pollip Member Posts: 11 Member

Same issue here. Why updates are not tested, before launch?

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor
    edited November 2022

They are tested: By us. We are part of a global user acceptance test and we test for free. Launch will be finalized with 1.4.4.1 or later. 🙄

• MANBehindTheMachines
    MANBehindTheMachines Member Posts: 15 Member

Is vst support planned for thé n'est update ? because i Saw that now , when you choose a pluggin you have the possibility between internal or vst in stand alone mode ? 🥲

Please add the native instruments ssl émulation series that would be great !

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Sorry, I'd say that there's approximately no chance of that. The technical architectures are just too different. But you can use virtually all VSTs in controller mode if you have a computer attached. I think it's the best of both worlds from my perspective.

• MANBehindTheMachines
    MANBehindTheMachines Member Posts: 15 Member

So why massive x fm8 , raum , phasis IS running on maschine plus standalone and not other native instruments plugins ,

I (sort of hacked 😄) the maschine plus to run a full live set with 34 monark instances ( not at the same Time) with a 5 p midi din cable ans a launchpad mk2.

I'm not a programmer but if they could make work massive , monark , FM 8 in stand alone mode i'm Shure that for exemple the bus compressor could work in stand alone mode in a future update

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

Because when it was being developed it was a different company, that company had an interest in the M+, it is not clear that the new company have any interest in the M+ beyond getting rid of stock, plugins that have already ported frameworks are not even being released, so that would point to them not really having any interest in M+, sad times, but at least it works, mostly.

• Model 12
    Model 12 Member Posts: 9 Member

Same problem here. Shutdown times take forever after the update.

But the worst things is: Play (button) does ZERO - can't start any clips, project or sequence.

Put the Maschine+ away for a while since I was tired of it's bugs, came back installed the update and then this.

I hope this company will get eaten alive by AKAI.

I am so sick of this ****

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro

Has the hotfix been released? Haven’t updated the M+ yet, but I have updated the desktop version.

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro

see, now this is a jungle. I have an M1, had it since they were released and have waited maschine to run natively. However I still need to run it in Rosetta mode now bcs not everything has been ported to be run natively on M1 yet (battery for example). And now M+ has a glitched update which makes me want to go back a version on the desktop, hence losing the M1 compatibility which still isn’t being used bcs I still have to run it in Rosetta… lol. I wish life wasn’t this complicated.