using Komplete Kontrol in Garageband (newbie question)

2»

Answers

• colmosiris
    colmosiris Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2022

thanks very much. unfortunately that doesn't really help. all i know now is that i have to do it because i have to do it. what does NA not have access to that it needs, but does not have access to?

similarly, i've not been able to find any explanation of the low security thing either, only that i have to do it, which is not much of an explanation.

• colmosiris

thanks. yes it did. not directly, but i realised i was asking the wrong question! as soon i made the selection, hey presto! the instruments were there. well, a lot of them, anyway! there were loads more in Native Access than i've yet found in Garageband's plugins, but at least i'm over the first major hurdle and i can start doing things with this keyboard. and i think that at least some of the buttons i don't know the purpose of could be for controlling the computer, and i'm quite happy to do that myself.

i'm sure i'll have many more questions in the future, but at least they will be more specific.

a real lightbulb moment, thanks! :)

and also, i can use these same plugins with my 88-key Casio MIDI controller. it doesn't light up in pretty colours though! :)

• colmosiris

thank you very much. i appreciate the encouragement. i already have a Casio 88-key MIDI controller, and i've made many tracks in Garageband, so i'm used to plugins, at least i thought i was! i still don't know what TRANSPORT, PERFORM and NAVIGATE are, unless they're to control the computer, but so far i haven't needed them, so i won't worry until i do. meanwhile, i can now see some instruments, as i said to Uwe, so i'm pretty happy. :)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,595 mod

Hey, for the GarageBand lower security setting, it's the same as for the Full Disk Access thing. These are steps necessary because of Apple's security protocols, if you google it for a little while you will find plenty of articles covering the subject from a huge lot of other software companies, it's not just a NI thing, as an example: https://iboysoft.com/wiki/full-disk-access-mac.html

If you want to know why you have to do all these things on your Apple computer, the best is to ask Apple.

• colmosiris

thanks very much. yes, i get it now. my confusion was because i've just upgraded from OS 10.12 Sierra to OS 13 Ventura. now i've noticed every app seems to need to ask if it can blink! so now i can start using this keyboard and its wonderful software! yay! :)