Komplete Kontrol loading issue with Arturia Collection 9

DCMcAuliffe
DCMcAuliffe Member Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Komplete Kontrol ver 2.7.2

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Logic Pro 10.6.3

V Collection 9 Upgrade

Hello, I got the V Collection 9 upgrade from v Collection 7. The stand-alone versions work fine, however it does not load in Komplete Kontrol.

The VST and VST3 files are located in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins

Komplete Kontrol Edit/Preferences/Plug-In/Location points to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins

When Komplete Kontrol stand-alone is launched it scans the new instruments

After KK finishes scanning, the Plug-In manager does not show V9 instruments

The KK library has V9 instruments (albeit no thumbnail), has V9 presets, but when you try to load a preset it states there is a loading issue and the instrument cannot be loaded.

I am able to load V9 instruments in Logic Pro X on its own track, just not in Komplete Kontrol.

I have tried:

Uninstalling V9 and re-installing V9 from the Arturia Software Center

Uninstalling and manually installing each instrument from the 'My Products' resource page

Deleting the Komplete Kontrol database folder in /Library > Application Support > Native Instruments and rescanning

... any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Komplete Kontrol does not yet support VST3 (it is coming) so VST3 plugins will not be scanned.

VST2 should be but if you have an M1 machine you would need to run KK in Rosetta mode I believe to have VST2 plugins work.

If the plugins are not listed they will not load and so either they are not detected in the locations set in preferences or they aren't supported.

• DCMcAuliffe
    DCMcAuliffe Member Posts: 4 Member

Thank You!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@DCMcAuliffe Please try resetting Komplete Kontrol's database by deleting this folder:

Mac HD/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol

Accessing the Hidden User Library (macOS)

Also make sure to give Komplete Kontrol Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Tade
    Tade Member Posts: 6 Member

I've tried all the above, and I still get this error with any Arturia instrument.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

You need to load the VST2 versions in Rosetta mode - they don't yet support plugin migration

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/7554/plugins-that-support-vst2-vst3-migration-a-list#latest

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Well, the Arturia plug-ins support the migration and you can load them from the drop down menu in Komplete Kontrol, it's only the NKS files that need to be updated in Arturia's case.

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022

Yes that means they don’t support migration Jeremy - it just means they are compatible ie they load the plugin because they are AS native and VST3 but they don’t yet load data created with the VST2 version such as NKS presets or DAW projects into the equivalent VST3 - that is migration.

The change needs to be in the plugin, not the NKS presets, if a plugin migrates the NKS preset could be one created with a VST2 even years ago and as long as the host and plugin both support migration it will load in the equivalent VST3 in the absence of the VST2. Anyway Arturia are aware of the issue and working on it.

• lephilb
    lephilb Member Posts: 6 Member

Today I saw an update in Arturia Software Center... YES......heuu nooooon.... the release notes speaks about "no more error in NKS from Arturia browsers ( heu ) " but did not solved (yet) the issue... Really tired

• Kymeia

That was a different bug that goes back to before the release of 9.0, nothing to do with migration or compatibility- it affected the sync between the KK browser and Arturia browser

• Eight4aWish
    Eight4aWish Member Posts: 53 Helper

As an interim I am favouring using Analog Lab as opposed to KK as the browser for V Collection. The interface is quite nice although it does not seem to be possible to play sound previews.

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022

Freelance did a NKS version for Analog Lab but VST2 of course - those have previews

• tonynacho
    tonynacho Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Just hit this today.. Updated my Arturia collection to 9.1 and now Komplete Kontrol is giving the error: 'PLUGIN could not be loaded, as it may not yet support Apple Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration....

Not really sure what the solution is?

• tonynacho
    tonynacho Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Update: solution for me was to make Komplete Kontrol launch in Rosetta mode:

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

That is basically what the suggestion is at the moment with things you need to use that dont support latest Apple Silicon, run in compatibility mode until it is eventually updated

• Kymeia

I know for sure Arturia are aware of this but not sure how long a fix will take