Remapping Deck Assign buttons

Jonny
Jonny Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Both of the deck assign (DECK C and DECK D) buttons on my Kontrol S4 have become unreliable, often getting stuck in the depressed position. I would therefore like to map these functions (Deck A -> C and Deck B -> D, and vice versa) to another pair of buttons (most likely either the Flux or 3rd FX button on each deck). I have located the Deck Focus Selector in the Layout section in the Controller Manager, which I presume is the right function, but I haven't had any success getting assigned buttons to activate it.

Does anyone have some tips relating to how I might achieve this?

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod
    Answer ✓

It would require a full remapping and also you will lose the Loop Size Display functionality. (assuming it is S4 MK1/2 version)

Just take it to the service and have your buttons fixed.

Answers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod
    Answer ✓

It would require a full remapping and also you will lose the Loop Size Display functionality. (assuming it is S4 MK1/2 version)

Just take it to the service and have your buttons fixed.

• Jonny

Thanks very much Stevan. Not the answer I was hoping for, but after repeatedly failing while seemingly trying the right things I was beginning to suspect this might be the case. A full remapping would have been worth considering, but I don't fancy losing the loop size display (S4 mk2, indeed).

I'll look into getting the buttons themselves fixed.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 582 Pro

Try Deoxit.

CAIG Laboratories, DeoxIT D5S6 Contact Treatment + F5S-H6 FaderLube Bundle https://a.co/d/iAdP6XB

You should also have the controller covered or in a case when not in use, never smoke or vape around your equipment either.

I have Decksavers for all my equipment. I also bought a rechargeable air duster. I use before and after each use of the S4mk3.

Compressed Air Duster, 41000 RPM Electric Air Duster, Handheld Cordless Air Duster, Stepless Speed Motor, 6000mAh Rechargeable Air Blower, Type-C Fast Charge, for Computer, Keyboard, Pet House… https://a.co/d/8gPqW9H

• Jonny
    edited November 2022

Cheers zephry. I'm pretty careful with things in my hands, but this came to me second hand, and who know what madness it was subjected to.

I'll certainly give this a go (with an equivalent contact cleaner available where I am). Do you just spray it into the button orifice from the outside?