Is there a way to control KOMPLETE KONTROL with a MASCHINE controller?

twyninger1
twyninger1 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Is there a way to control KOMPLETE KONTROL with a MASCHINE controller

I am specifically interested in controlling battery with the maschine controller for my workflow. I am not a fan of maschine software and how I make beats with logic , I like this method better. Is it possible ?

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Short Answer...No. What you need to do is add Battery Directly as a plugin, then set up a Midi Template and use the MK3 in Midi Mode after assigning CCs to the Battery controls you want to be able to tweak. Note that Midi CC assignments (as well as Host automation) are "Per Kit" so you would need to set up the Midi CC automation for each individual kit!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Short Answer...No. What you need to do is add Battery Directly as a plugin, then set up a Midi Template and use the MK3 in Midi Mode after assigning CCs to the Battery controls you want to be able to tweak. Note that Midi CC assignments (as well as Host automation) are "Per Kit" so you would need to set up the Midi CC automation for each individual kit!

• twyninger1
    twyninger1 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks so much for your feedback, ill give this a try.

• CRS
    CRS Member Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2022

Maschine Software and hardware are an extension of each other. Since you don’t care for the maschine software in Logic you won’t mind my suggestion.

Go here to learn how to use your maschine in midi mode https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210264145-How-to-Switch-Your-Native-Instruments-Controller-to-MIDI-Mode.

This makes your device a midi controller that can be edited. There is a template for battery that can be found here.

Click On The Image Below…

Finally, do a google search for how to change templates. You can do it with the hardware or using Control Editor app. Depends on which maschine version you have.

once your done you should be able to use Battery standalone software in Logic using maschine as a midi controller for battery and any instrument in logic. Hope this helps you find your solution.

what I offer may not be the solution but it may lead you to where you can find it.