Restrict velocity for piano libraries in kontakt

Goofer
Goofer Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi guys! Is there a way to set min-max velocity for instruments in a live performance setting in kontakt. I like to be able to restrict velocity to say 118 to avoid triggering the hardest notes on a piano in the stand alone version for live performance. Any suggestions is appreciated 😊

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

You can edit the instrument by clicking on the wrench tool and choose a velocity range:

• Goofer
    Answer ✓

I just tested this out and this option just remove the triggered notes above the threshold which was not what I intended. I just wanted to not trigger the hardest notes at 127 even if I play at that velocitylevel. I found out that I could do this in the script editor. When restricting the velocity range there I can play full force and just trigger the samples set at the maximum velocity range. This way I can tune the piano to be clear but not overly hard when playing more dynamic.

This is the path if others would like to try :

Scripteditor - preset - factory - randomize - velocity - adjust range.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

You can edit the instrument by clicking on the wrench tool and choose a velocity range:

• Goofer

Ahhh.. Perfect! Thanks a million 😊

• Goofer
    Answer ✓

I just tested this out and this option just remove the triggered notes above the threshold which was not what I intended. I just wanted to not trigger the hardest notes at 127 even if I play at that velocitylevel. I found out that I could do this in the script editor. When restricting the velocity range there I can play full force and just trigger the samples set at the maximum velocity range. This way I can tune the piano to be clear but not overly hard when playing more dynamic.

This is the path if others would like to try :

Scripteditor - preset - factory - randomize - velocity - adjust range.