Kontakt 5/6/7 naming conventions?

nightizm
nightizm Member Posts: 6 Member

So let me get this straight:

There's Kontakt 5, Kontakt, and then Kontakt 7 Player... which are all essentially the same VST but upgraded versions of each other? So "6" is basically unnumbered.

I assumed since they named Kontakt without a number, it was just going to be permanent and get all updates within it. But now there's a "Kontakt 7 Player" and it's a separate purchase.

Do I have all this correct, or is there something I'm missing? It seems they are trying to make things as confusing as possible.

Let me know, thanks.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @nightizm, well, you kind of nailed it. When Kontakt 6 was released, the plan was to have a permanent Kontakt with updates. Plans have changed so we now have a Kontakt 6 disguised as a Kontakt with no number. I must admit it is confusing.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @nightizm, well, you kind of nailed it. When Kontakt 6 was released, the plan was to have a permanent Kontakt with updates. Plans have changed so we now have a Kontakt 6 disguised as a Kontakt with no number. I must admit it is confusing.

• nightizm
    nightizm Member Posts: 6 Member

Alrighty, thanks for comfirming @Jeremy_NI

Can I ask what the specific full differences are of Kontakt 7 vs Kontakt 7 Player?

It seems my libraries are loading fine. Will I get hit with a demo screen soon or something?

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 410 Pro
    edited November 2022

I think there is 15 mins limit for non-Player libraries with Kontakt 7 Player and then they will stop working. If you only use Player libraries, you are fine with Kontakt 7 Player only.