Maschine 2, Audio No longer Working?

Gwynnedd
Gwynnedd Member Posts: 14 Member
edited November 2022 in Maschine

I was running through a sound prior to recording when the audio suddenly shut off. I rebooted the program, tested my audio via Youtube, but nothing worked. Everything showed up right in Maschine2 except there was no sound. Nothing is muted and I didn't change any of the settings. Not sure what's causing the problem, but nothing I've done seems to fix it.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• awol9000
    awol9000 Member Posts: 69 Advisor
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Change to WASAPI shared mode. Exclusive mode will only be one programs audio.

Answers

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro

So you were recording a stream/video through you tube??

and the audio didnt get captured?

just out of curiousity what software did you use to capture the video&audio with?? assuming the above is what you were doing.

• Gwynnedd

No, I was recording via Maschine2. But the audio suddenly quit working with playing back to me. I thought maybe it was an issue with my computer or my headphones, so I went to Youtube, but youtube played back fine, so it's something wrong with Maschine2.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Could be a driver issue. Did you check your audio routing in Maschine preferences?

• Gwynnedd

Yes, it was all set up the way it's been for months. Nothing's changed to my knowledge.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Gwynnedd Some info on your set up would be helpful, what OS you're using, what soundcard with what driver ?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

1st step is to check what you have set up in Preferences>Audio, post a screenshot.

• Gwynnedd

Here's a screenshot of the Input and Output

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Gwynnedd We strongly recommend using ASIO drivers, is there an ASIO driver available for your soundcard? If not, you can use Asio4All: Setting up ASIO4ALL for Onboard Sound Cards

• awol9000
    awol9000 Member Posts: 69 Advisor
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Change to WASAPI shared mode. Exclusive mode will only be one programs audio.