Crashed Validation or Not Authorised in Logic

ANG67
ANG67 Member Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi guys,

I'm a very frustrated new user with NI products...have invested heavily in Komplete Kontrol but having massive stability issues with Logic, running an M1 Mac. KK was running fine but has now decided to crash AU validation or show as not authorised. Have deleted and reinstalled but same issue...any ideas?

Cheers!

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

as far as i know not all plugins are supported yet on m1, you have to open your DAW with rosetta in order to get all plugins to work. Apple Silicon (M1) Compatibility News – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

Uwe

• ANG67

Hi Uwe,

I've been using Rosetta...the issue seemed to be solved by re-scanning the plug ins in plug in manager but even that was hit and miss.

Are you guys working on sorting M1 chip-related bugs?

andrew

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

Of course they are, but there is a lot to work through and the sped at which NI devs work has always been known to be rather slow paced.

Part the issue is users expecting Apple products in this day are the same as they were 20 years ago... Apple is no longer the stable and reliable "go to" OS it once was. Constant pushes forward with little care to compatibility pushing the onus onto developers means any user that adopts ANY new tech from Apple will potentially have a bad run within the first 6-12 months as this is how long it can take for things to be properly tested and updated providing Apple doesn't then release one of their popular patches shortly after. It is bad enough with a new OS release, much more involved when there is both a new OS release and new hardware architecture to manage over dozens of hardware and software products.

• ANG67

Appreciate the challenge NI and other developers face here with apple. The frustrating part here is NI communication...Ive just completed a reinstallation of all NI products only to now find that about 45 instruments and expansions won't install - I get an "installation failed" message but no explanation why. Most seem to be Reaktor instruments and I wonder if its a Monterey issue as they installed OK before I upgraded to Monterey.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

Just assume if you are on macOS and you have an issue, it's probably macOS! The Apple eco system is so damn fragile that you probably left the window open and it caught a cold or something. Add onto that the M1 requirements for everything and it's a bit of a mess of a time at the moment.

My mac is on Monterey (Intel), I haven't really had that many issues with it which is why I will not update for a while (May look at an M3/M4 in a few years when things actually work) but also I only install a few plugins at a time, test then uninstall because the 250GB SSD is just too small to be useful, and Apple don't accept kidneys for models with usable space!

I do agree that some more useful info in NA when something fails would be useful. I've had that a few times on my Windows machines but find it was just the download failed or something and a "resume" fixes it.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

I don't know on what native is working right now I'm also a "normal" guy here and not a native employee. But of course M1 and all that mac stuff is challenging them, like with any other mac update, software or hardware wise, it's like @JesterMgee said.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Also worth checking: Native Access, Komplete Kontrol and Logic must have Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS