Native M1 Komplete Kontrol incompatible with Reaktor and Massive X

elia98
elia98 Member Posts: 6 Member

Finally we received the update to get native Komplete Kontrol, but a lot of problems are rising.

This version is ok, but just to open native M1 plugins.

Other than the already mentioned, very bad, memory allocation problem of Kontakt ( https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/6678/serious-memory-allocation-problem-kontakt-6-7-1-native-m1#latest ), now this.

The M1 native version of Komplete Kontrol can't open instruments that are not native.

The problem is that to open Komplete Kontrol VST in Intel mode you have to start the whole DAW in Rosetta, which leads to horrible performances (even worse in Ableton, but in Logic too).

If I try to open a Massive X or Reaktor preset in Komplete Kontrol I get this message:

Please, solve this problem in some way, I'm not using Komplete Kontrol for this reason and the good part of having a Komplete Kontrol keyboard (the possibility of having a perfectly mapped controller for all presets) is gone now...

I'm on an M1 MacBook Air with macOS Monterey

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert

NI are updating Reaktor and Massive X too but they are not Native yet, I am sure you know this if you are on Apple Silicon already. They will work in Maschine or Komplete Kontrol but only if those hosts are in Rosetta mode for now

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

It will be solved, people need to have some patience or read up on how they can work around this for the moment using compatibility mode.

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022

tbh I would have thought that anyone who has been running Reaktor and Massive X (or any non native plugins) on M1 systems must already be aware that they are not Apple Silicon native and know how to workaround this by running any Silicon native hosts in Rosetta mode (or in a host with an intel bridge like Bitwig or Logic). This was an update for Komplete Kontrol and Machine, not (yet) for Reaktor and Massive X, so just do exactly what you were doing already and make use of the option to either run in native or Rosetta mode depending on the plugins you want access to and any performance tradeoffs - the only real difference is now you have those options for Komplete Kontrol and Maschine as well - and VST3 support also opens up a whole bunch of new plugins these hosts previously couldn't use.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor

I run Maschine in Rosetta mode now, and the loading issues are gone. Kind of beats the purpose of upgrading to an Apple Silicon version, but it's just for now, pretty soon I guess it will all be ok.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Few more months to go.... I am looking forward to the moment NI could focus on developing SW, instead of porting their SW to AS.

• elia98

Yes but it would be better to have an option to run only Komplete kontrol under rosetta. Now that Komplete kontrol is native it's not possible anymore to run the DAW native and Komplete Kontrol in compatibility mode.

This forces to run everything under rosetta, which is pretty bad for performances.

It's underwhelming that in my native DAW I can run Massive X (under rosetta) but I can't open Massive X in Komplete Kontrol...

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022

You can run it in Rosetta with the standalone. I don’t know if it’s even possible to make a plugin switch between Rosetta and ARM modes without switching the host but even if it was it would probably take longer to develop than updating Massive X, which is coming, probably next

Anyway this is a huge development not underwhelming at all - but Rome wasn’t built in a day

• elia98

I hope it’ll be fast.

I would prefer running my daw in narice and just Komplete kontrol (and the plug-ins inside) in Rosetta mode. But it seems not possible

• Kymeia

Well of course but Native Instruments have done their bit, the rest is up to plugin developers.