Maschine+ crashes when browsing sounds

ozon
ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
edited November 2022 in Maschine

My Maschine+ often crashes when browsing through Sounds with Prehear enabled.

This seems to only happen for Sounds (any type of synth engine) and not for Samples. Which means it’s rather related to the installed audio preview files (in OGG format?) and not to the Prehear function in general. Also, it seems that it’s not totally random but repeatedly happens for certain sounds.

For example will browsing the Drum Synth Sounds of the Body Mechanik Expansion lead to a crash.

This is quite annoying and totally kills the flow.

Software: 1.4.3

Firmware: 0.1.9

Best Answer

• ozon
    Answer ✓

Problems vanished after I replaced my micro SD card:

• SanDisk Extreme 256GB microSDXC UHS-I A2 V30 U3, with 130 MB/s read

with a newer full sized model:

• SanDisk Extreme PRO 256GB SDXC UHS-I V30 U3, with 200MB/s read

Answers

• Cbezant
    Cbezant Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am having the same problem with keyboard sounds.

• ozon
    Answer ✓

Problems vanished after I replaced my micro SD card:

• SanDisk Extreme 256GB microSDXC UHS-I A2 V30 U3, with 130 MB/s read

with a newer full sized model:

• SanDisk Extreme PRO 256GB SDXC UHS-I V30 U3, with 200MB/s read

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 17

This is why I keep telling people to avoid Micro SD's cards over and over... Micro SD's are for tiny devices when you have no other choice due to size restrictions, like phones.

Not even DSLR's use Micros and they are a whole lot smaller than an M+.

• ozon
    edited January 17

At the end of 2020, it was hard to avoid micro SD cards here, because the full sized SDs were simply not available or hilariously overpriced. Also, I expected a top of the line product of a respected brand to be of superior quality and durability.

Most probably the microSD card itself is not even the problem, but the adapter can be a weak point. Which is something I also was not aware at that time. And the card worked well for about 2 years.

But yes, golden rule is to use as few adapters as possible in any given situation.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

@ozon Yeah, cant argue against that. If i had to take a guess I'd say yes, the adapter is most likely to be the problem.

I changed the thread to a 'question' and marked your reply as the 'answer' so that anyone who lands here knows a possible solution easyer. Thanks for sharing!