Waves vst3 and maschine 2.16 issue

Olihop
Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

Am I the only one having problems with the vst3 waves plugins in maschine 2.16 (windows 10)?

The plugins load correctly but they don't work when you move the parameters.

Answers

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 298 Advisor

For me it works but I either have the knobs in Maschine not following action or the knob in Maschine working but values not updated on controller 🫤

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Olihop What version of Waves are you using? We had a similar issue in the past where that would happen, it was an issue on Waves' side and they fixed it in V13. If you have any Waves plug-in before v13 and this happens you should uninstall them using Waves Central.

• Jeremy_NI

@Kaldosh What version of Waves are you using? You're on 10.14 with a Maschine Studio, right?

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 298 Advisor

@Jeremy_NI Yes Maschine Studio/Jam/KKS49Mk1 - I am also using last version of Maschine/KK - Nice unpdate by the way

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

I tried some plugins in v14 and it works except for the Rcomp. It loads correctly, the parameters respond correctly when turned but it does not compress anything.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

Yeah Waves is a PITA, never again in the future will I invest in anything they do. I ahve so many complaints about how they do things and the issues they have but won't air that here, just I had issues (on mac of course) with Waves and the GUI display and had also noted people had control issues with V10 so I had to update to V13 to overcome this, at the cost of $300 aud for no extra benefits.

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 94 Helper

You can try to load the plugin inside Waves StudioRack and map the parameters. Might be a way to avoid the WUP cost.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

No good if you have projects and racksa already built with their plugins, not really another step I want to have to take.

What I would like is Waves to not gouge the $h!t out of users for a simple update.

• Jeremy_NI

@Olihop I'll try to reproduce the issue, in the meantime, it would be good to contact Waves about the Rcomp in V14.