Why my machine doesn’t detect my Volca bass?

GoodMike1
GoodMike1 Member Posts: 9 Member

Hi there, I have some midi connection issue, tried to connect my Volca via midi as a slave, but machine didn’t detect any device. Any tips?

Best Answer

• GoodMike1
    Answer ✓

Yeah, suddenly I decided to set my midi connection again, step by step, and it works, I Hope that midi won’t stop working while some life performance, we’ll see:)

Answers

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Which exact model Maschine are you using? Did you check midi channel numbers?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited November 2022

@GoodMike1 I'm not sure to understand. If Volca is the slave, Maschine is the master and you are connecting it with a MIDI cable, Maschine will not "detect" a device, it will just carry the MIDI clock and MIDI notes information. What are you trying to achieve exactly?

• GoodMike1

Ok so I’ll try to explain, I use machine mk3 model, and I’d like to use it as a master, I have two external devices ( korg monoloque, and Volca bass) both to play as slaves. So I’ve connected my monoloque, loaded as an external instruments,it’s visible because there’s a USB port as well. I set midi output in machine and input in korg, so later I’ve done the same with my Volca, monoloque midi channel 1, Volca midi channel 2 , so my monoloque is working correctly, and Volca not.i loose the midi connection from time to time, need to unplug and re-plug the usb cable. Any tips boys:)??? Tank you so much for your support.

• Jeremy_NI

Master / Slave only matters for syncing devices. To play them you only need to connect them and assign the proper MIDI channel. AFAIK there is no USB cable on Volca Bass so what usb cable do you unplug and replug? What is your operating system?

• GoodMike1
    edited November 2022

I was talking about korg monoloque, that there’s a USB port on it , never mind:). I tried to replug machine ‘s usb cable, so it worked for a while, My operating system is windows 10 home.It seems to be very simple to configure both devices.

• Jeremy_NI
  • GoodMike1

Thank you very much for your time and support, with all respect from Poland, peace!

• Jeremy_NI

@GoodMike1 You're welcome! So, this fixed the issue?

• GoodMike1
    Answer ✓

Yeah, suddenly I decided to set my midi connection again, step by step, and it works, I Hope that midi won’t stop working while some life performance, we’ll see:)