VST 3 support is extremely flakey

Flexi
Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
edited November 2022 in Maschine

The VST3 support is even worse than VST2 support and regularly makes the software completely unresponsive, and no matter what I do, non of it is repeatable 1:1, for example Analogue Stage by Hornet just made it completely unresponsive, but on trying to recreate it is no longer doing it, and this is a regular occurrence.

This is the perfect example of why beta testing should be public and not a tiny closed group, you do not have a big enough gene pool for testing all the variations, especially when it comes to new plugin format support, was VST3 even put to beta test, because this is just happening super regular here, no idea how it was missed.

Multiple systems, WIn 10/11 i5s/i7s

Tagged:

Comments

• Flexi

Unlisted video example because it happened again within minutes, so i recorded it, as you can see it is partially responsive, some dials work, some dont, but most of the UI is just dead

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 328 Advisor

Same here.

also if I open project from previous version without modifications it uses more cpu for some reason, no vst3 loaded

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod

Is it just with the Hornet plug or with several brands? I only bought Song Key from them and it had some sort of issue where it used 25% of my CPU, which is insane, i mentioned it in the forum and some users reported the same. Reported the bug, got a generic answer and a long time later it was fixed.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 249 Pro

Hornet plugins are known to have issues with VST3.

• Flexi

No, it is a bunch of different brands, i just happened to be going through my Hornet plugins today.

Not sure I have seen anything about Hornet having issues with VST3, can you link me to that info, cheers.

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 328 Advisor

I use HOrNet quite a lot in Maschine, the most cpu intensive are 31 and total eq. But hey I bought them on sale so no complain right ?

having tested a lot that knob problem d it is not plugin brand related. Just the usual mess I guess . In general each update brings differences in mixes and automations in older projects. I never had the joy to reopen an old project after an update in Maschine and find it as it was. But hey I just fix it in the mix again when it works.

• Flexi
    edited November 2022

This has literally nothing to do with the mix, the UI of Maschine is non responsive after loading VST3s.