Maschine software fully rescans Izotope plugins every launch

Jezric
Jezric Member Posts: 49 Helper
edited November 2022 in Maschine

As other software that use VSTs do, Maschine maintains a list of previously scanned VSTs and only initiates a full rescan when something changes (i.e. new vsts/dlls are present in the plugin folder(s)).

I am seeing that no matter what, when Maschine launches it always does a full rescan of only the Izotope plugins. Which adds almost a minute to the launch time of Maschine. It doesn't rescan anything else, just Izotope plugins. If I remove all the Izotope physical files (vst3/dlls) from the plugin paths, startup time is nearly instant.

It does this on the two computers/installations I use regularly.

Seems like a bug to me. Anyone else?

Comments

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

This is because iZotope uses additional DLLs which are located in the VST folder, but these DLLs are not VSTs.

Any other host/DAW also keeps some kind of blacklist for these kind of files so they don't get scanned on every startup, but Maschine and Komplete Kontrol do not have this functionality. So they simply keep scanning those files.

A workaround is to hit the ESC button on your keyboard while the plugin scan is in progress, this will skip the scan immediately.

• Jezric
    edited November 2022

Hmm... So, looks like this is only the case for the VST3s, as previously VSTs were just DLLs.

This being the case, I would think that they would have perhaps addressed this in the last patch since they've been implementing full VST3 support.

So, yeah... a bug... :( But I'm sure it's low on their priority list.

Thanks for the tip on Esc, works great.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

Check your VST3 folder, you will see an additional DLL for every iZotope VST3 file. Maschine still tries to scan this file thinking it's a VST2, simply because it's a DLL.

NI could easily fix this by making Maschine and Komplete Kontrol ignore any file in the VST3 folder that doesn't have the .vst3 extension. That would at least fix the issue for VST3.

• Jezric

Hmm, even if I remove all the DLLs (yes, I know this breaks the plugins, but just to test), it still rescans all the Izotope plugins. So, something else/additional is happening here.

• awol9000
    awol9000 Member Posts: 69 Advisor
    edited November 2022

that's weird...

• complexprocess
    complexprocess Member Posts: 8 Member

The esc workaround is going to save me at least a minute every time I open Komplete Kontrol or Maschine. Bless you!