Reaktor doesn't work with Windows 11?

DWNATIVE
DWNATIVE Member Posts: 7 Member

I smart user Paule answered this initial question, and I know he knows more than me, but I find it hard to believe that Reaktor won't work on Windows 11?

1) If I could just get another confirmation this is true. I recently upgraded my PC to Ableton 11, which forced me to purchase another computer with Windows 11 and I have a ton of plugins I bought from you guys that now won't work because they plugged in to Reaktor. So I just throw away my entire set of plugins that I paid you folks a lot of money for?

2) Is there no other way to use some of these like "The Mouth" which is super cool and literally defines my style.

He stated that Reaktor will only work on Windows 10, and I can't use any other product like Kontrol, Kore, Komplete, etc. that will run "The Mouth".

3) Is there any product on the market (Native Instruments or not) that will allow me to use all the stuff I bought from you?

4) If not, I want to ensure this is accurate before I start the 3 month process to rebuild my PC with Windows 10.

???? So confused and disappointed at this point. Why? Thank you for your time.

Derek

Best Answer

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 357 Pro
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Reaktor 6 works in Windows 11. In Savihost, Studio One... probably everywhere.

This is what NI write on their support pages:

"Native Instruments has conducted compatibility tests with Windows 11 that have shown current NI products to work without any specific issues under this operating system. To ensure full compatibility, please install the latest software updates for Windows 11 and all of your NI products."

Answers

• awol9000
    awol9000 Member Posts: 69 Advisor

Why 3 months to "rebuild" your PC with Win10?

• DWNATIVE
    edited November 2022

Good question. Reading your question it leads me to believe that rebuilding with Windows 10 might be a valid solution to pursue?

==> So everyone DOES CONFIRM that Windows 11 will definitely cause a problem with Reaktor for sure? To summarize:

1) Reaktor is not showing up in Ableton plugins list, even though it seems to be in the right directory with all other VST files

2) Ableton 11 says it is looking for a VST2! (???)

3) In my Windows 8.1 Ableton 9.7 installation, Reaktor is a DLL file, not a VST2.

3 months is probably an overestimation, but I'm quite busy, have quite a bit of specialized software that gets installed, and it's taken me that long to work through the transfer of software, data, and bugs.  The Windows 10 install will probably go more quickly...

==> SO EVERYOEN AGREES the previous comment from Paule sounds valid and reasonable that Windows 11 IS MOST LIKELY CAUSING REAKTOR TO NOT SHOW UP and also NOT WORK IN ABLETON?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I do not know about Reaktor and W11 and Ableton.

Just technical note concerning new PC and W10. What CPU do you intend to use? If 12th or 13th gen Intel, it might not run well on W10. W10 thread sheduler does not understand well big.little of latest gen Intels.

If you intend using AMD CPU, which is IMHO better than Intels, W10 is OK.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 357 Pro
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Reaktor 6 works in Windows 11. In Savihost, Studio One... probably everywhere.

This is what NI write on their support pages:

"Native Instruments has conducted compatibility tests with Windows 11 that have shown current NI products to work without any specific issues under this operating system. To ensure full compatibility, please install the latest software updates for Windows 11 and all of your NI products."

• DWNATIVE

Thank you both. I really appreciate the support Kubrak and chk071.

I will do some more testing and we can close this for now. Knowing that it should work is a powerful thing. It means that I need to tweak something, maybe in Preferences.

Happy Holiday season to both of you!