Mute

confield
confield Member Posts: 24 Member

Hi all is it possible to start and stop sounds within a group without having to keep the mute button pressed ? I find it extremely difficult to mute different patterns whilst holding it has I have the worlds shortest fingers ๐Ÿ˜‚

Best Answers

• Facedogg
    Facedogg Member Posts: 11 Member
    Answer โœ“

I'm pretty sure you can pin the "mute" screen by pressing button 1 at the top of the maschine. I'm not home right now though so I can't confirm.

• SpencerTyler
    SpencerTyler Member Posts: 37 Helper
    Answer โœ“

If I were you I would make several Scenes with different arrangements of sounds rather than having to mute them all the time. That kind of defeats the purpose of Scenes and Lock sets. Then you can go to Grid options and set Perform Grid to Scene. That way you can select the upcoming scene immediately and it won't trigger until the first scene is done playing. That gives you lots of time to go into your plugin parameters and tweak knobs before having to enter Scene mode again to select the next scene to be triggered.

Also, if you are mostly muting the drums you can put them in their own separate group so you can mute the group at once instead of trying to hit 5 pads at the same time. I have each individual instrument sound in their own dedicated groups. After that I make sure I have the Drum group selected in pad mode so I can see the individual drums on the pads/screen. If you have it set up like that and it's in Mute mode you can easily mute any individual instrument by muting the group it's in and you can also mute the whole drum group or mute individual drum sounds because of it being selected in pad mode. Hope this info helps.

Answers

• Facedogg
    Facedogg Member Posts: 11 Member
    Answer โœ“

I'm pretty sure you can pin the "mute" screen by pressing button 1 at the top of the maschine. I'm not home right now though so I can't confirm.

• Rilkecat
    Rilkecat Member Posts: 45 Helper

hi! I find it very useless having to pin the MUTE screen, as it disables all knobs.

Even when you simply press MUTE, the knobs lose their function. I find it very hard to play live with this limitation, don t you?

• confield
    confield Member Posts: 24 Member

Hi mate Iโ€™m doing a continuous live set so Iโ€™ve got to do it within the ideas section ie groups and sounds. So each group as 16 sounds so each track is made out of those 16 sounds which is enough for the electro I make. I have to use the mute button to trigger a selected sound but I really struggle pressing the mute and pressing the sounds I want to mute or play. I usually have about 5 sounds dedicated to drums and thatโ€™s the problem ๐Ÿ˜‚ but I still can figure out how to pin the mute so I donโ€™t have to press it to mute or play.

• Rilkecat
    Rilkecat Member Posts: 45 Helper
    edited November 2022

You can simply PIN the MUTE screen (press Mute + Button 1), though all knobs will be disabled for tweaking sounds.

• SpencerTyler
    SpencerTyler Member Posts: 37 Helper
    Answer โœ“

If I were you I would make several Scenes with different arrangements of sounds rather than having to mute them all the time. That kind of defeats the purpose of Scenes and Lock sets. Then you can go to Grid options and set Perform Grid to Scene. That way you can select the upcoming scene immediately and it won't trigger until the first scene is done playing. That gives you lots of time to go into your plugin parameters and tweak knobs before having to enter Scene mode again to select the next scene to be triggered.

Also, if you are mostly muting the drums you can put them in their own separate group so you can mute the group at once instead of trying to hit 5 pads at the same time. I have each individual instrument sound in their own dedicated groups. After that I make sure I have the Drum group selected in pad mode so I can see the individual drums on the pads/screen. If you have it set up like that and it's in Mute mode you can easily mute any individual instrument by muting the group it's in and you can also mute the whole drum group or mute individual drum sounds because of it being selected in pad mode. Hope this info helps.