Maschine 2.16 Silicon native no AU?

franklyn
franklyn Member Posts: 26 Member
edited November 2022 in Maschine

Can anyone confirm if or if the native version has no AU Plug Ins support? I ask, because all I saw in description and videos was talking about VST and VST3 but Maschine has also AU plug ins in the past. I want to verify before I update.

Next question if there is AU, does the native version load AU rosetta/native plug ins (like Ableton / logic) ?

thanx for clearing

Frank

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

It does support native AU - I’ll have to check if it supports AU bridging, it’s possible it could since that is handled by the MacOs AUHostingCompatibilityService not the host per se

Answers

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

It does support native AU - I’ll have to check if it supports AU bridging, it’s possible it could since that is handled by the MacOs AUHostingCompatibilityService not the host per se

• franklyn

thanx. that's good news ! I ask myself why everybody only talks about VST3 if AU is much more cross compatible between Intel Rosetta and native. cool !

• nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor

So I checked, and bridging with AUHostingCompatibilityService is at least partially supported. But not all plugins show up, most notably all of NI's AUs are missing.

Some plugins work (PSP MixPack, IKM Comprexxor), some don't (Output Portal, AD Replicant 2). It's going to be trial and error, I guess.

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022

Partly I think because Komplete Kontrol doesn’t support AU and while plug-in fx are useful in Maschine it is not well suited for plugin instruments in my experience so keyboard users tend more to use KK

Also VST3 is now the only cross platform plugin format in widespread use

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022

Trying it myself now and they all show - you just need to tick the box in Prefs/Plugins to enable NI Audio Units (it's off by default)

Of course this is a wrapper so in practice possibly performance for Massive X is no better than using Rosetta - however it does mean it can be used alongside native plugins and Maschine itself is native. Just a pity I can't do this in Komplete Kontrol though as Massive X is useless to me in Maschine as it doesn't support aftertouch

• franklyn

thanx for testing and Clearing. that helps.

IMO at the Moment AU plug ins are the best choice to stay compatible (on Mac)

• nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor

Oh you’re right, sorry for that. What a weird setting to have 😅