Upcoming community improvements for Q3

Matt_NI
Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
edited March 2023 in Welcome

Hey everyone,

A little late but happy to announce that we're now working on new improvements for Q3.

The theme of this quarter is our layout. Our platform provider recently rolled out a new way for us to design and improve our user experience, starting with our homepage. For this quarter, we will be focusing mainly on moving to a new layout editor, preparing us for all the changes we want to implement in Q4.

Since a lot of you asked about navigation and performance, we want to improve how the community feels on both desktop / mobile. This will also hopefully allow us to make some progress with performance on both.

Following this work, more improvements will be rolled out for everyone and include items that have been requested in the past few months.

We'd love to hear from everyone about your experience with navigation and our homepage. Please don't hesitate to share feedback below as we'll be tackling this as soon as our current layout has been merged to our new editor👇

Tagged:

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,003 Guru

I hope to see an option to show "new posts since last visit" because currently they're not easy to find.

From any topic/sub forum, displayed in one list, with newest first.

Atomix do it on the VirtualDJ forum here: https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/action/latestposts.html

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert

By "homepage" you mean the forum and not the actual NI homepage, right?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert

Not sure if that's possible with this forum software, but here's a wish for the future (I hope it's the right place):

When you're in a thread and someone posts something while you're (still) writing your post, a feature like what I've mocked up below would be appreciated.

If you click on "View them?", the post(s) will load immediately.

It could prevent situations like these: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/37389#Comment_37389

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Can we have an option to filter out forums we are not interested in? (eg for me there's always a lot of Traktor related posts as it seems a very active community but I have no interest in it tbh)

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

Do you mean on the homepage / recent discussions?

if yes, you have a filter already you can toggle to Following which would then show the discussions from areas you follow.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

That would require me following discussions though, it’s more I just want to filter out some sub forums and keep focus on others

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru

do any of the planned improvements include "breadcrumb navigation at the bottom of the thread" and/or "accurate unread notifications icon"?

• Bunker
    Bunker Member Posts: 3 Member

It would be great to see your pending post while its being reviewed by the NI forum moderators.

I joined to write a new topic, posted it, and got a message saying it was being reviewed - and then it disappeared.

I’m not sure what the status is (or if it even exists anymore) - and I don’t want to spam… so I will wait… :-)

This discussion has been closed.