Native Instruments Apple macOS 13 Ventura Compatibility

Nico_NI
Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
edited November 2023 in NI News

Apple's macOS 13 Ventura was launched on October 24, 2022. Our teams have been busy running compatibility tests to make sure that all NI products are working with the new operating system.

To check if your gear and plugins are compatible, check out our dedicated MacOS compatibility support page. We will be regularly updating the list so please check back as we add more to it.

Note: Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2 are already compatible with Ventura.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited November 2022

Oh well I have upgraded - since I was setting up a new Mac Studio anyway it was not a big deal to give it a try and so far so good - just some problems with Steinberg plugins but they were pretty buggy on Monterey anyway. Basic necessities like my RME UC and iLok seem to work fine (these were already installed and setup on Monterey before upgrading to Ventura). So far not had any problems with any of my DAWs or Komplete Kontrol and other NI apps (even Absynth 5 is working, in Rosetta mode of course)

Loving the Stage Manager and snappier Metal 3 graphics really makes good use of all 32 of my GPU cores :)

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert

No they are all there for me (but I only installed the ones that resize - not the older ones)

• Dj_Rick_2022
    Dj_Rick_2022 Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2022

I’ve had no problems with it so far no lags right on the Bpm with Traktor S2 levels running new IOS Mac with m1 chipset!

• Dj_Rick_2022
    Dj_Rick_2022 Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2022

the Only issues I’m having is my Traktor z2 could not find any mapping nor try to get 4 decks to work Both My Rane twelve’s For Main Instead I Get The Scratch pads and want to use those as main outs , with both my Rane twelves Mk2’s

• Markhimself
    Markhimself Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Working just as before.

Traktor Pro 3 - Full library working fine, Apple Music library all loading as expected. Traktor S4 MK3 working perfectly still, audio, mapping, custom mod/screens etc

M1 MacBook Air

• kripke
    kripke Member Posts: 12 Member

One issue with Kontakt is I can no longer see or access files from my external drive

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 93 Helper

Haven't gone through everything yet but currently have upgraded to Ventura and everything is working as normal.

monark wont load in Maschine due to incompatibility but it doesn't break anything, just a message on your screen.

I have the maschine jam, Maschine studio, s49 mk2, audio 6 mk2 and everything is working great on an M1 Max 16 inch.

I'm yet to test my s8 with Traktor pro 3 so we'll see how that goes.

to be fair im also using no other software aside from slate digital which works totally fine.

I don't think I run anything in rosetta mode anymore

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor

Same here for Ventura, Komplete S49, Maschine, KK14 CE and Ableton are working just as before. Loaded some random projects with different plugins, all ok.

For the record I have everything still running in Rosetta because of the VST2-VST3 error messages in Komplete Kontrol.

• CrusadeGT
    CrusadeGT Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi there,

i have an macbook pro with m1 PRO.. still using the s49 mk2 and maschine mk3.. sometimes with the machine software itself or FL Studio.

Has anybody the same setup and could reconfirm that all works fine? Especially the Komplete Ultimate 13 Software..

Thanks in advance.

• djbenhardy
    djbenhardy Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Nach dem update startet Traktor 3 Pro sehr langsam und erkannte plötzlich die externe Festpatte nicht mehr ! Beim gestrigen Gig stoppte sie Musik mittendrin - mehrmals - so das ich auf einen Backup Rechner zugreifen musste!! Hardware s4 MK3 ! Die Software und Hardware hat definitiv Probleme mit dem OS Ventura

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

You really should've consulted the compatibility page first before updating your OS. Neither the software, nor the hardware is listed there - meaning: not (officially) supported yet.

• marvis
    marvis Member Posts: 2 Member

I'm unfortunately having issues with Traktor Pro 3 (latest version) on Ventura. Traktor is very slow, memory usage quickly jumps to over 100gb and the software freezes after a short time. Definitely not usable in a live situation for me.

Yes, I know, I should have waited, just never faced issues before. Hoping that this will be fixed quickly.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@marvis As a general rule when it comes to updating MacOSs, the best is to wait a little, even though Apple is pushing you to update. You might want to get in touch with our Traktor support so they can provide a previous version: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_Traktor

• Dav iiD
    Dav iiD Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello, anyone else has issues with the Z2 and 13.0.1? would be great to hear any information on this, THX

• berlingoodman
    berlingoodman Member Posts: 7 Member

I've updated to Komplete 11 and am hoping that I won't have problems with Battery and Kontakt mainly when I update to Ventura. Anyone have trouble with a bit older NI software?