Komplete Kontol 2.80 Breaks 3rd Party VST3 Plugins

Answers

• cnnryng
    cnnryng Member Posts: 15 Member

Did we get anywhere with how to go back to KK 2.7? There doesn't seem to be a download for it in the legacy section of the NI website

• R3kl355
    R3kl355 Member Posts: 9 Member

That makes the most sense to me, from what ive experienced.

• R3kl355
    edited November 2022

Yes, if you re-read my post im agreeing with you:

"Continuing to test, but yeah, for now Komplete Kontrol needs to be used in Logic Rosetta. Its broken in Logic M1"

Not everyone is a green gilled "wHY iT nOt W0rK!!??" type. I ponied up a very complicated film scoring setup Mac M1 Ultra with the very first Ventura developer Beta and as I have some time between projects, decided the beta test. Im not running Rosetta because im testing.

Been in touch with many Devs. The reactions are pretty varied, haha. A couple are consistantly sending me new builds and im testing for them. Others were "leave us alone". Ive never demanded fixes, just im in a good position to contribute.

Anyways, here, imo, NI released an update that's going to cause a lot of people issues, and we're not in Beta anymore, so lets just post and discuss.

• R3kl355

I downgraded by grabbing the Application and the Audio Unit Component from a backup / 2nd system.

Would love to be able to share the files but that'll probably get shut down doing that here.

I'd contact support and ask for those things, if you haven't already.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,670 mod
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

The Komplete Kontrol 2.8.0 and Maschine 2.16 updates bring the long awaited M1 native compatibility. Not all plug-ins are compatible yet. Please check this article: KOMPLETE KONTROL / MASCHINE Error: "*Product* could not be loaded, as it may not support Apple Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration."

It can also happen that when loading old projects, Maschine will crash.

Until all plug-ins are M1 compatible or can be migrated to a compatible version, the solution is to run Komplete Kontrol and Maschine in Rosetta mode.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,738 mod

XFer Serum is now out in VST3 (was already ARM Native) - it migrates as well so doesn't need the VST2 anymore or for KK/Mas to be run in Rosetta - that should make a lot of people happy!

• Native_Robert
    Native_Robert Member Posts: 13 Member

Thanks to all for the feedback. I rescanned Omnisphere and Iris 2 VSTs (not VST3) and everything works again. Ultimately not a big deal, but it would be nice if Omnisphere VST3 would be compatible. I doubt iZotope will do much work for Iris 2, since they're phasing out support.

• Native_Robert
    Native_Robert Member Posts: 13 Member

Agreed. But the Iris 2 VST still works fine in KK. It was a great $10 investment! For any of you using 3rd-party synths, you should check out https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/downloads/komplete-kontrol-vst-packs (no affiliation, just a very positive review!). I've bought half a dozen of their NKS libraries and they work great! You can use your 3rd-party synths perfectly in Komplete Kontrol. If they have a library for your synth, just buy it!

• Kymeia

I think the thing is they are still compatible with Komplete Kontrol as long as you are willing to use it in Rosetta mode. Fact is most of us who want to run older or non Apple Silicon plugin on our systems will be used to having to run them in Apple Silicon hosts using Rosetta or a wrapper (as in Bitwig or Logic) anyway - now we can make the same choice with Komplete Kontrol and Maschine, nothing is broken really, just now we have 2 modes instead of one but either way more plugins are supported now, not less, as we can now also load VST3 plugins.

• Kymeia

I know it’s a real shame, I love Iris, especially the first version- iZotope really messed up with this gem of a plugin

• Jeremy_NI

@kultschar We couldn't reproduce the issue with Bitwig. Might be a good idea to check their resources and support if you still have this.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited November 2022

@Native_Robert Can you load Omnisphere 3 from the drop down menu in Komplete Kontrol ? Were you using one of these NKS VST packs for it?

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022

Omnisphere does load, it just doesn't migrate

I actually wrote to Spectrasonics support and they told me it was being looked into and they thought it was a good idea but couldn't say how long

• Jeremy_NI

@Kymeia Thanks for the info, that's really helpful :)

• Ervin
    Ervin Member Posts: 1 Member

I'm on M1/Monterey, Komplete Kontrol 2.8 can not open NI's own (!) Kontakt instruments and some 3rd party Kontakt instruments that are managed through Native Access. This happens both with or without Rosetta. The same instruments open without issues in Kontakt itself. They also opened in KK before the update.

So Rosetta is not the universal quick solution NI seems to be claiming.