Komplete Izotope 10 liscencing

MjTom
MjTom Member Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2022 in Komplete General

I hope NI and Izotope will soon combine licensing, maybe under Soundwide.

I am a longtime Izotope user. I want my Ozone 10 in my Izotope Product Portal.

I hope NI finds a way to restore this user experience. Having my Komplete serial be my Ozone 10 serial, completely separate from the Izotope customer environment, was unexpected and disappointing.

I also depend on loyalty offers and upgrade discounts. So, while I am happy to have Ozone 10 via Komplete, I find it frustrating that I do not have a serial number I can use to register my license on the Izotope website.

For example, I own Ozone 9 Advanced. How do I upgrade from Ozone 10 Standard to Advanced? Right now I feel stuck without an up-to-date upgrade path that knows I am already an Ozone 10 Standard owner.

Years ago, I became an Izotope user because of 3rd-party offers. They sold me the licences and gave me my serial numbers. I submitted those serial numbers to Izotope and they gave me loyalty offers and upgrade paths.

Please give us Izotope serial numbers for Ozone 10.

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited November 2022

Hey @MjTom, we understand the current state of licensing, authorization and upgrade/crossgrade with the different brands can be confusing. We also look forward having a more unified system.

In the meantime, check out our support article on How to Upgrade KOMPLETE 14's Ozone 10 Standard to Advanced.

• MjTom
    MjTom Member Posts: 3 Member

Thanks. I know it's still early days with better integration to come. I appreciate the early cross-promotions and combos.

It's actually cheaper for me to upgrade from 9 Advanced to 10 Advanced on Izotope, so I kinda feel like there should be a separate upgrade deal for those of us with Komplete and Ozone 9 Advanced.

I know you can't give this stuff away :D

• diploandfriends
    diploandfriends Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

One year later and I have the same issue as OP... doesn't seem to be any different today. Unable to register Ozone 10 that came with Komplete. But they had no issue giving me serial for the Plugin Alliance plugs.