Why do some instruments only appear in the drop down menu In KK 2.8?

PaulNotDave
PaulNotDave Member Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Spitfire’s BBCSO and Toontrack’s SD3 and EZBass only show up in the drop down menu under instruments and don’t show up in the browser window (the other Spitfire instruments are there though). Is this something that can be changed? Intel 2020 iMac, Ventura.

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,723 mod

It's because they are just plugins, not NKS enabled

• PaulNotDave
    edited November 2022

Why does it show up on my S88 screens with various parameters mapped to knobs then? Spitfire also states that BBCSO is NKS compatible. You’re right about the Toontrack stuff, not compatible.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

@PaulNotDave It should definitely show in the browser, like here:

Does this happen in Komplete Kontrol in your DAW, in standalone, both?

Make sure to give Full Disk Access to Komplete Kontrol and your DAW: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

You should also try to reset the database:

Reinitialize the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden macOS folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder.
    5. Delete only the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder found here.
    6. Note: Deleting other NI product folders could result in unexpected behavior with other applications.
    7. Reboot your computer and reopen the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to check that the issue has been resolved.

Did that work out?

• PaulNotDave

Nope, no joy. Full access, trashed folder. Tried and double tried and triple tried.BBC SO doesn’t show up in the browser window in stand alone, Logic, or on my S88 browser. I do keep getting a scan app quit message after each attempt.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

Hey Paul, I contacted you by email regarding this issue.